If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
jhuntington14
Forum Guests

Profile Evaluation

by jhuntington14 Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:43 pm

Hello,

I am looking to get into a top MBA program and wanted to get a feel for my chances and also get some feed back for me targeted schools. Any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my profile:

Undergraduate School: Brigham Young University (Japanese Major/Business Management minor)

GMAT: 1st try- 690 (49Q/37V); 2nd try- 700 (47Q/39V)

GPA: 3.43 overall (3.78 major GPA)
Work Experience: 5+ years (1+ years at Goldman Sachs in a mid-level operations analyst role) at matriculation.

Extracurriculars: Started a non-profit organization to raise public awareness of childhood sexual abuse (CSA) and help victims that can't afford counseling get the help they need. I started the organization January 2011. I also do volunteer work in the community through Goldman Sachs' volunteer group.

Other Info: I was born in Japan and lived there for about 8 years (I am part Japanese). I moved to California when I was 10 and didn't speak Japanese again until I started studying it in college. I enjoy sports and running. I have ran several marathons.

Goals: Post MBA, I would like to go into operations/management consulting specializing in social innovation.
Target Schools: Stanford, Harvard, Tuck, Haas, Kellogg, Johnson, and Anderson. (I am open to any suggestions on school that you think I might fit well with.)

Thank you!
James
mili
Forum Guests

Re: Profile Evaluation

by mili Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:22 am

Hi there,

Great profile. Your academics are average but competitive and your professional and entrepreneurial/nonprofit experience is very strong. You top it off with strong extracurricular activities and demonstration of leadership in each dimension. I think you're a very strong applicant.

Of course, that said, the schools you've chosen are incredibly competitive. GSB and Harvard are reaches but definitely possible, Tuck, Haas and Kellogg are good targets, and Johnson and Anderson should be fairly safe options. However, that's a lot of schools to apply to - most people apply to somewhere around 5-8. I think you ought to consider MIT, Michigan and Duke as well -- research their programs and see what you think.

Good luck!
Mili

Mili Mittal
Senior Consultant
http://www.mbamission.com

Read the mbaMission Insider's Guides (16 individual school titles)

Download mbaMission’s Free Personal Statement Guide

Visit the mbaMission Blog

Follow mbaMission on Twitter
GaganR983
Forum Guests

by GaganR983 Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:12 pm

Hi,

Actually I have a dream of making it to Harvard2+2 or GSB Deferred MBA. Past 3 years have worked hard on this.
Please evaluate my profile and would be grateful if someone could give me a detailed outline of my strengths and key areas (profile).

Basic Info

Male
Indian
Undergraduate : Symbiosis International University
Degree : BBA -Information Technology
GPA : Sem 1- 7.26, Sem 2-7.54, Sem 3-7.8,Sem 4-7.71, Sem 5- 8.2
Average: 7.70 , in 4 Grade Scale it is - 3.29

Work/Internship Experience

--- Digital Marketer Intern for a Startup for 3 months in Feb 2018 - created an engaging app concept .B2B application.
---Volunteer assistant for Non-profit social Enterprise 2 moths Feb 2018 . - Lead a team of 10 , conducted event of over 150+ delegates and 30 speakers in health sector.
---Sales Head Intern for a Growing online education platform 2 months Aug 2018 .- With a team of 3 had sales of 1 lakh Rs and guiding 80+ students in career.
Promoted to Sales Operations Head Intern of City . - Lead Team of 10 with 60+ students in 1 month
--- Volunteer for Non-profit social Enterprise again at higher post , 3 months Oct 2018 to Dec. This event happened on larger scale in which lead a team of 20 and instrumented the event with 700+ delegates and 120 speakers across 4 Sectors.
--- Volunteer for NGO community which promoted qualities through sports and music for underprivileged kids. 3 months Feb 2019 . Helped 300-500 kids for their matches , music competitions etc.
---Volunteer for a Nasscom event in March 2019 . Resulted in smooth flow of 500+ participants .

Extracurricular Sports

---Zonal Level Boxer 2016-17 Bronze Medallist Under 16
--- District level Cricketer 2012-14 under 12,14
---Zonal level participant in Iken Scietifica
---School level participant in boxing (Silver) , Taekwondo(Bronze) , Athletics , Football,Cricket .

Extracurricular Involvement

---International Cell Head for Undergrad 2019 . Conducted 3 events for international students .Helped and guided them in studies ,culture, for 20-30 International Students.
--- Placement Cell Coordinator for my Undergrad 2019. Coordinated and conducted placements for students with 5 companies.
--- Founder and Head for Clubs in Undergrad 2018 .Conducted 2 events and also lead a team of 10 for various activities for college.
--- Participant in Sponsored Cancer walk(5kms) in which I collected 5k and received a gold medal by school for maximum contribution.
--- Received a award for Gentlemanly qualities in school 2016.

Additional Certifications

--- HarvardX certificate online course Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies on Edx platform
--- Nanodegree in Digital Marketing Udacity
--- Google certificate in Digital Marketing
--- Business Blogging , Content Marketing Certificate on Hubspot Academy .

Projects

---Missing Faces
A project in which my team of 10 with a mentors (College professor, Entrepreneur, Coder) are making an app for children who are lost . This also connects entities I.E Parents, Police and NGO's . Had successful meeting with City police , Ngos . App currently under-development.

---GovConnect
Supported by The Governor of Union Territory and one of the most Influential Women in India. Creating an app for connecting all the governors across country and also establishing security and making user friendly app.

---------------------------

I am planning to give my Gmat in this month . Have scored 720 in my mock tests .
I believe I have a strong story to tell.

Career Goals : I want to contribute towards soceity development and also have a passion to grow in the field of Entrepreneurship and marketing .

Please do guide me ...
Looking forward !!!!!!!!!!!
mbaMissionKate
Prospective Students

by mbaMissionKate Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:27 pm

See my response to your duplicate post here: https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/foru ... ml#p133325
Thanks!
Kate

GaganR983 Wrote:Hi,

Actually I have a dream of making it to Harvard2+2 or GSB Deferred MBA. Past 3 years have worked hard on this.
Please evaluate my profile and would be grateful if someone could give me a detailed outline of my strengths and key areas (profile).

Basic Info

Male
Indian
Undergraduate : Symbiosis International University
Degree : BBA -Information Technology
GPA : Sem 1- 7.26, Sem 2-7.54, Sem 3-7.8,Sem 4-7.71, Sem 5- 8.2
Average: 7.70 , in 4 Grade Scale it is - 3.29

Work/Internship Experience

--- Digital Marketer Intern for a Startup for 3 months in Feb 2018 - created an engaging app concept .B2B application.
---Volunteer assistant for Non-profit social Enterprise 2 moths Feb 2018 . - Lead a team of 10 , conducted event of over 150+ delegates and 30 speakers in health sector.
---Sales Head Intern for a Growing online education platform 2 months Aug 2018 .- With a team of 3 had sales of 1 lakh Rs and guiding 80+ students in career.
Promoted to Sales Operations Head Intern of City . - Lead Team of 10 with 60+ students in 1 month
--- Volunteer for Non-profit social Enterprise again at higher post , 3 months Oct 2018 to Dec. This event happened on larger scale in which lead a team of 20 and instrumented the event with 700+ delegates and 120 speakers across 4 Sectors.
--- Volunteer for NGO community which promoted qualities through sports and music for underprivileged kids. 3 months Feb 2019 . Helped 300-500 kids for their matches , music competitions etc.
---Volunteer for a Nasscom event in March 2019 . Resulted in smooth flow of 500+ participants .

Extracurricular Sports

---Zonal Level Boxer 2016-17 Bronze Medallist Under 16
--- District level Cricketer 2012-14 under 12,14
---Zonal level participant in Iken Scietifica
---School level participant in boxing (Silver) , Taekwondo(Bronze) , Athletics , Football,Cricket .

Extracurricular Involvement

---International Cell Head for Undergrad 2019 . Conducted 3 events for international students .Helped and guided them in studies ,culture, for 20-30 International Students.
--- Placement Cell Coordinator for my Undergrad 2019. Coordinated and conducted placements for students with 5 companies.
--- Founder and Head for Clubs in Undergrad 2018 .Conducted 2 events and also lead a team of 10 for various activities for college.
--- Participant in Sponsored Cancer walk(5kms) in which I collected 5k and received a gold medal by school for maximum contribution.
--- Received a award for Gentlemanly qualities in school 2016.

Additional Certifications

--- HarvardX certificate online course Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies on Edx platform
--- Nanodegree in Digital Marketing Udacity
--- Google certificate in Digital Marketing
--- Business Blogging , Content Marketing Certificate on Hubspot Academy .

Projects

---Missing Faces
A project in which my team of 10 with a mentors (College professor, Entrepreneur, Coder) are making an app for children who are lost . This also connects entities I.E Parents, Police and NGO's . Had successful meeting with City police , Ngos . App currently under-development.

---GovConnect
Supported by The Governor of Union Territory and one of the most Influential Women in India. Creating an app for connecting all the governors across country and also establishing security and making user friendly app.

---------------------------

I am planning to give my Gmat in this month . Have scored 720 in my mock tests .
I believe I have a strong story to tell.

Career Goals : I want to contribute towards soceity development and also have a passion to grow in the field of Entrepreneurship and marketing .

Please do guide me ...
Looking forward !!!!!!!!!!!
Kate Richardson
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
kate@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php