If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
AdityaP985
Forum Guests

Profile evaluation request- ISB

by AdityaP985 Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:15 pm

Hi

I am Aditya Pande. I just gave my GMAT and got a score of 710 (Quant 50, VA 35, IR 6, AWA 5.5). I am looking for 2016 admissions

Indian/ manufacturing sector(supply chain) / GMAT - 710 / Average academics /work ex - 3.5 years by dec 2015

Following is my educational background:-
10th - 79.8%
12th - 82.2%
Co - curricular - participated in various adventure camps, represented school in regional level swimming competition, Short Story written by me was displayed to public in Delhi Haat during AIDS awareness week selected among 5 schools, participated in various quizes and occasional painting and dramas, was house vice captain in 12th standard.

Engineering - 8.54/10 from Vishwakarma Institute of Technology (an autonomous institute under University of Pune) comes in top 3 of University.
Co - curricular - participated in various national level technology fests in robotics, organised An event Micromind in College techfest, Part of college editorial team, was part of college NGO (but dont have any certificate for this), participated in national level paper presentation event

I have already one MBA from Symbiosis Institute of Management studies , Symbiosis International University in Operations Management - 2.942 /4 (CGPA)
Co - curriculum - came 3rd in a strategy event called estrategia in SIBM business festival (national level event), Part of noesis the operations club, volunteered at Pranay an NGO, part of placement brochure presentation team, part of Group Discussion / Personal Interview team for 2011 admissions.
Internship
1. KIMS specialty hospital - analysis of security at the hospital and do manpower optimization (2 months)
2. Larsen & toubro - supply chain revamping project (3 months)

I am currently working in Tata Chemicals Limited as Deputy Manager - Strategic Sourcing & Vessel Chartering (August 2014 - Present). In this capacity i am looking after commodity import of almost 2 million MT per year of different types of coal, limestone etc and am responsible for chartering vessels and movement of material from load port to discharge port. I am involved in all contractual negotiation activities and market MIS. I have undertaken project realising significant company savings.

Earlier I was working as Deputy manager - Packaging, Automation & Quality Assurance in Tata Chemicals(July 2013 - August 2014) . In this capacity i was looking after 5 packing centers catering to regional and national demand of 13 SKUs of different products. Complete end to end value chain mapping and management was done by me for these 5 packing units. In this capacity 3 quality supervisors directly reported to me and more than 300 workers were indirectly under me.

Prior to that i was Management Trainee with Tata Chemicals Limited. In this period i have done a project with NGO for 4 months (working in sales, inventory management system), a 4 month project with Agricultural business in market research and benchmarking project and 4 months with consumer products business to improve efficiency of southern region packing centers
Awards: best management trainee project
Gold medal in Business excellence stewardship training
Awarded certificate of recognition for reducing downtime and maintenance cost.
I am also certified six sigma green belt

I intend to apply to
ISB
INSEAD
IESE
NUS
Carnegie mellon- tepper
Cornell - johnson
MIT - Masters in SCM
North Carolina

I want to further specialize in International SCM and get into a consulting firm

Can you please advice to which programs should i apply and if my earlier MBA will be a hinderance in admission process.

Aditya
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Profile evaluation request- ISB

by mbamissionjenK Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:37 pm

Hi Aditya,

Thanks for sharing and posting. You have a lot of strong work experience and some solid extracurricular involvement, and some recognition along the way. However it could be challenging already having an MBA degree... sure there are successful 2nd MBA applicants, but it's not too common; you have to make a strong enough case that you NEED another MBA that the admissions committee accepts you over another applicant who does NOT yet have the degree..... I would suggest confirming with each school first of all that the prior MBA will not be a major deterrent or even make your app discounted (a few schools will not consider 2nd MBAs at all). Then focus a lot on how this degree will be different and make a strong case for that need. Good luck!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php
AdityaP985
Forum Guests

by AdityaP985 Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:07 am

Thanks Jennifer.

Ill check with individual colleges and try to make a strong case.
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by mbamissionjenK Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:52 pm

Sure thing, best wishes!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php