If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
AndrewF182
Course Students

Profile Evaluation Please

by AndrewF182 Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:45 pm

Hello, thank you so much for your consideration.

Here is some quick info about me:

Personal and Academic
-Nationality: American (Ohioan)
-Undergrad: Ohio State University
-Major: Political Science/Psychology
-GPA: 3.500
-GMAT: 650 (will retake in Oct.) V94% Q45%, confident I can hit 60-65% on Q based on practice tests.

Work experience
-2 years in Germany and Cyprus working in pricing and strategy for a German faucet company (European version of Koehler/Moen)
-2 years working at Coca-Cola headquarters in Atlanta for a company that does market research for Coke. Worked extensively on global marketing the flagship Coca-Cola brand.

Outreach/Community
-2 years LDS (Mormon) mission in Arequipa, Peru. Learned fluent Spanish.
-1 year served as the head of a 90 person congregation in Nicosia, Cyprus. A role very similar to being a part time priest or rabbi.
-7 months Interning in a U.S. Senator's office in Ohio
-3 months Interning in a U.S. Representatives office in Ohio
-6 months doing financial audits of LDS congregations
-6 months maintaining finances of an LDS congregation

Target Schools (in wishlist order)
1. Northwestern
2. Insead
3. Duke
4. BYU

Also, one question, I keep seeing applications that ask for parent's occupation. How do they use that info? I ask because my dad is a brain surgeon. Not sure what that means.

Thank you so much for guidance on my application process!
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Profile Evaluation Please

by mbamissionjenK Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:12 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for posting. You have a lot of strengths in your candidacy-- strong work experience in pricing/strategy/marketing for large companies/brands; awesome international experience you can really draw from; decent GPA; great community experience.

The GMAT is probably your biggest weakness now so yes a re-take would help.

You haven't mentioned your goals/rationale for the MBA--keep in mind that can make a difference in admissions too.

With a strong GMAT, great essays and recommendations, I would think you could be considered at the schools on your list.

As for the parents occupation, it is primarily to track demographic/statistical info more than anything, no worries.

Let us know what other q's you have and best wishes!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php