If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
achakrav2694
Course Students

Profile Evaluation - Indian American, 700GMAT

by achakrav2694 Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:45 pm

Hello,

I would like an evaluation of my profile to determine two things: how strong my profile is to compete for Kellogg, Booth, NYU, Dartmouth and Duke, and to determine if I need to retake my GMAT.

I graduated with a double major in Finance and Marketing from Indiana University, Kelley School of Business with a 3.4 GPA. My GMAT score is an unbalanced 700 (44Q, 41V).

I have worked at Target Corporation for the past 3 years and have been promoted 3 times. I started out as a Business Analyst, managing inventory, forecasting demand, and analyzing business trends. I currently work on our CPG Negotiations team, developing negotiation strategies and negotiating with global CPG companies to improve category profitability. Throughout my career I have also led numerous cross functional project teams and developed and implemented company-wide initiatives. At Target I am very involved with the Asian Business Council, currently holding a position as Chairman of Corporate Partnerships. In my community I am involved in a few charitable organizations and frequently volunteer at various events.

In undergrad I held numerous leadership positions including President of a fraternity of over 200 members, and Director of Recruitment for the campus Greek Community.

Hopefully I have provided a high-level overview of my stats, background and work experience. Thanks for your advice!
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Profile Evaluation - Indian American, 700GMAT

by mbamissionjenK Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:42 am

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your profile info. So far, based on the info you've provided, it sounds like you have a strong profile in terms of your professional experience, with a large company and cross-functional experiences, leadership examples, analytical and quantitative examples, plus community and extracurricular involvement. The GMAT/GPA are within range, on the slightly lower side... so you could consider one more re-take, especially if you've only taken it once, to see what you may be capable of and that may give you even better chances. Overall you are on the right track and I believe have a good schools list for you. Good luck, keep us posted on everything and any further questions! And if you are interested, we do offer a free 30 min phone consult too, register at http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php at any point.
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php