If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
NavinH366
Students

Profile Evaluation help please

by NavinH366 Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:52 pm

Hi, Please help me evaluate my profile, I am in dire need to get some feedback on my profile.

GMAT 670 (Q49, V34)
GRE 318 (Q162, V156)
Undergrad: Indian Institute of Technology, B.Tech, GPA of 8.30 (Absolute grading)
Work exp: Total 39 months spanning across Financial services, Management consulting and Technology consulting.

12 months in a leading Financial services company (US based), in to Residential Mortgage backed securities servicing.
Part of the core Corporate Strategy team. Responsible for analyzing, formulating and implementing company wide Business strategies, regular interaction with the CEO and CFO. Prepared complex financial models for tracking the profitability of various Loan government agencies portfolios, prepared cost to service model in order to track down the cost of servicing a loan based on delinquency level, agency type, performing, non performing etc, prepared operating expenses tracking mechanism in order to track down the operational efficiency of company wide departments, analyzed the hedging strategies for hedging the Mortgaged backed securities portfolio against market rate movements, responsible for preparing monthly reports and presenting it to the CFO and CEO, Go to person for the Operating expenses for the company.

14 months in Management consulting (non top tier); Japanese Automotive client
Business Analyst for the product planning and strategy division for a major Japanese Automotive client
Responsible for performing various primary and secondary research, preparing models, conducting surveys in order to help the client devise and implement global business strategies. Analyzed competitor’s existing and future products and made benchmarks for the same
Price Benchmarking & Analysis: Analyzed different global pricing strategies of the competitors
Market Penetration Research: researched and benchmarked on global/country specific market penetration and customer reviews for different categories of automobiles.
Single point of contact for execution and delivery of the monthly automotive industry newsletter for the Gulf country council region & Team lead for the delivery of Light commercial vehicle newsletter. Analysed and developed various statistical models such as Brand power assessment index model, cost of entry analysis model, Seasonality index adjustment model, New buyer surveys & affinities, Inventory strategy analysis, Hypothesis testing and analysis

12 months as an Associate consultant for Enterprise resource planning (SAP) for a major Manufacturing client based out of US.
Special initiatives recruit for STAR program. STAR program is a cross techno-functional fast track Leadership development program, which targets some of the brightest minds from top 8 IITs and selected few NITs

SAP ERP consultant for world's largest integrated producer of polymers and fibers specific to materials management and supplier relationship management modules for Asia pacific, North American regions.

Was responsible for the following activities while supporting client’s key business processes.

• Business requirement gathering & analysis
• Propose & suggest an optimally feasible solution
• Prepare blue-print and functional specifications
• Work with the technical team in order to realiize the solution
• Configuration changes in SAP MM, & SRM applications

Certifications:
NSE certified market professional, Level 1, National stock exchange of India.
NCFM Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management, National Stock exchange of India.
NCFM Project Finance Module, National Stock exchange of India.
NISM Series VIII: Equity Derivatives Certification Examination.
NSE' certification in Financial markets
Business analysis and requirement elicitation, ESI international
High impact presentations, Dale Carnegie training.

Volunteer work:
Corporate relations intern at Make a Difference: Responsible for Fund raising and Corporate relation ship management activities

Lead a team of 10 blind persons for Bangalore Blind walk event.

Other achievements:

Indian institute of Chemical Engineers Golden Jubilee Scholarship award (Two times in a row, 2010 and 2011)

Come from a very humble family background from a small town of India, first generation college goer in the whole family. Faced lot of hardships while supporting my college studies, used to work part time while supporting my college education and family.

And various other achievements at college level, such as won awards for College fests (Technical ), Part of the dramatics team, Skill development club mentor etc.

Please review my profile and let me know what colleges should I be targeting (given I have a GMAT score on the lower side :roll: ) I am also exploring the opportunities for Masters in Finance programs at LBS, LSE or HEC Paris. Please evaluate my profile and let me know your feedback. Thanks in advance.
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Profile Evaluation help please

by mbamissionjenK Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:25 am

Hi there,

It looks like you've achieved quite a bit professionally over a relatively short period of time, congrats. I would definitely emphasize the perspective you bring based upon your various roles and industries, and also the leadership and strategic impact you've had. But also try to shape your story in a cohesive way, showing what you learned and gained in each role, as it could be considered a high # of roles within that timeframe. Part of that story-shaping will include your future goals... your MBA should tie it all together and lead to the future... work on how you'll define all of that.

Your personal story/family background can also be relevant. Show who you are beyond simply your resume.

In terms of MBA vs Masters in Finance, it really depends upon what program you feel will best help you reach your career goals... so again that goals plan/story comes into play... research employment stats, class profiles, industries/roles, see if you can chat with alum... many considerations for sure! In terms of MBA programs, top 10 would be tough; outside of that obviously chances generally increase as you go down the rankings but there are many factors to consider as you decide where to apply... For more on choosing schools, check out our free download at: http://info.mbamission.com/Selecting-Yo ... ram-E-Book.

If you'd like to chat more with a consultant at mbaMission, we do offer free consults at www.mbamission.com/consult. Good luck!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php