If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
evbond
Forum Guests

Profile evaluation / chances

by evbond Fri May 03, 2019 3:47 pm

Hello!

I'm a 37 year old Indian male working in the US with 12+ years of experience in the IT field. (Close to 10 years in a top consulting firm)
Graduated with a degree in computer science engineering and have 67% score.

I would like an assessment on my chances of getting into any of the top 10 part-time MBA programs(not executive but part-time).

The main question I have is, how does my age affect the chances?
mbaMissionKate
Prospective Students

Re: Profile evaluation / chances

by mbaMissionKate Mon May 06, 2019 3:53 pm

Hi there!
If you're looking at part-time programs, age/experience level is much more flexible. For instance, at Haas, the middle 80% of their part-time class has 5-11 years of work experience, with the median at 7 years. I've seen similar stats at other part-time programs (Booth is 2-10 years for instance). These programs tend to skew older/more experienced than full-time options. Do make sure you explain in your application (if it's not obvious) why you're pursuing part-time instead of executive.
Hope that helps, and let us know if you have any follow up questions about your profile.
Thanks,
Kate

evbond Wrote:Hello!

I'm a 37 year old Indian male working in the US with 12+ years of experience in the IT field. (Close to 10 years in a top consulting firm)
Graduated with a degree in computer science engineering and have 67% score.

I would like an assessment on my chances of getting into any of the top 10 part-time MBA programs(not executive but part-time).

The main question I have is, how does my age affect the chances?
Kate Richardson
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
kate@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php
evbond
Forum Guests

Re: Profile evaluation / chances

by evbond Tue May 07, 2019 11:34 am

Thanks a lot Kate!

mbaMissionKate Wrote:Hi there!
If you're looking at part-time programs, age/experience level is much more flexible. For instance, at Haas, the middle 80% of their part-time class has 5-11 years of work experience, with the median at 7 years. I've seen similar stats at other part-time programs (Booth is 2-10 years for instance). These programs tend to skew older/more experienced than full-time options. Do make sure you explain in your application (if it's not obvious) why you're pursuing part-time instead of executive.
Hope that helps, and let us know if you have any follow up questions about your profile.
Thanks,
Kate