If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
haril975
Students

Profile Evaluation and Schools suggestion

by haril975 Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:11 pm

Hi ,
I recently took GMAT and scored 690 ( Q48 V37 IR 6 AWA 5.0)
I have 15 months of work experience.

I am a sports enthusiast. I have decent Extra Curriculars

A GPA of 3.62/4 in Undergrad
X -90% XII 98% in higher secondary

I work in the infrastructure industry, to be precise in the Water Treatment Sector.

What kind of schools can i look forward to? Should i retake GMAT to improve my chances? Will my Current GMAT be my hindrance to get into top schools ?

I target ISB, SPJain, ESMT and LSB.
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Profile Evaluation and Schools suggestion

by mbamissionjenK Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:10 pm

Hi there,

690 is respectable; to know how it stacks up at specific schools you'll want to look up their average GMAT scores (either on their b-school website, or on a general site like Businessweek for example). The closer you are to, or above, their average, the better. And of course the admissions decision is holistic so they'll be considering all other aspects of your profile as well!

Right now your work experience sounds pretty limited with just 15 months! The average accepted b-school applicant at well-ranked programs has about 5 years of full time post-undergrad work experience, so you may do better by working a little longer and gaining more experience to bring to classroom discussions etc.

Good luck!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php