If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
SNM90
Forum Guests

Profile Evaluation | 24 year old | Fall - 2015

by SNM90 Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:05 am

Hello

I request you to please evaluate my profile for MBA candidacy in the following B-Schools for the Fall 2015 term:

MIT Sloan, Duke, McCombs, Rotman, NUS, ISB

I'm a 24 year old graduate from BITS-Pilani (2012 passout), who has been working in a big MNC (Fortune 500 top 10 ranked) as a software developer for the past two years.

GMAT - 750 (51, 40); GPA - 8.4/10

I have good leadership experience in my work life and decent amount of it in my undergrad. My recommendations are good, and my career progression has been pretty fast. My post-MBA short and long term goals are pretty much aligned to what I do. I have decent extra-curriculars too. Some drawbacks in my profile are - a lack of work experience, no community work.

Can you please evaluate my chances? I know I'll stand a better chance if I apply next year, but I've already planned to for this year so...
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Profile Evaluation | 24 year old | Fall - 2015

by mbamissionjenK Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:14 am

Hi there,

Thanks for posting and sharing. Your school list is generally reasonable, with ISB and Sloan likely being the bigger reaches of the group. Congrats on the GMAT btw. Seems like you have a good start to your profile; will take your word for it on leadership etc and yes that will help... another overall challenge is just standing out from the crowd of many Indian software developers.... think some about what you think makes you unique and why you should be admitted vs others with similar profiles and see if you can convey that in your applications. Showing some personality and passion can help; life experiences; character; engaging stories, etc.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php