If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
yogesh.kc20
Students

Profile eval request 610 [9yr I.T. Exp inclu. 4yr int'l exp]

by yogesh.kc20 Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:22 pm

Dear Team,

Recently took GMAT 610 [Q48,V27,IR6,AWA (expecting 5-5.5)]
(I think I can definitely improve and realistically target 670-680 in another attempt but wanted to know the chances in current situation)

Profile:
- Indian with 71% in undergrad (Bachelor of Engineering-I.T.)
- 9+ yrs workex in one of top 3 I.T. service provider in India. 4 yrs of International exp in UK and Europe region.
- Lead position, single-handedly managing the projects and teams of up to 8 members.
- Can demonstrate ability and examples of successfully Managing projects and designing solutions which provided benefits to the client.
- Entire work experience is with one of the top 3 Investment Banks in the world. Strong knowledge and high interest in Finance/Banking/Investment Banking/Wealth Mangement domains.
- In addition to seniors in my organizations, I will be able to get a reference from clients supporting the story.
- Couple of awards of excellence received in the organization.
- Extracurricular not excellent. Couple of Swimming/running competitions (at corporate level) won during professional carrier. Several swimming competitions and prizes during school (which, i think, doesn't count after so many years of workex)

Goals:
- MBA in Finance or consulting.
- Short Term: To continue working in Banks (or any finance domain related organization.) as BA or consultant (rather than I.T.), Understand the banking business and strategies in more details. In long term - being part of the business and designing such strategies.

I'm looking for 1-1.5 yrs MBA in either Finance or Consulting preferably in Canada or Australia.
I'm looking at Simon Fraser, University of Alberta, University of British Columbia - Sauder, AGSM in Australia (although IMO, AGSM doesn't look feasible for this profile)

Any suggestions for other options with this profile?
I understand that the goals should match with school and teaching methodology etc are important factors. However, I'm first trying to shortlist schools which can be reached with the profile and then look into more details about the offerings, programs etc.

PS: I'm looking for programs starting no later than Jan-Feb 2016.
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Profile eval request 610 [9yr I.T. Exp inclu. 4yr int'l exp]

by mbamissionjenK Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:31 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for posting. So there are a lot of Indian IT applicants to be sure, but at least your solid project and people management experiences, as well as international experiences, help strengthen your profile. The GMAT yes is on the low side for your schools; they'll take the highest score so you don't have much to lose by trying once more with some additional prep. Schools may want you to explain why you feel the MBA is right for you at this point in your career, since you'll have a lot more experience than the average incoming applicants. In general you'll want to compare your profile and scores etc with the class profiles that the schools share on the websites. For more on choosing schools, check out our free download at: http://info.mbamission.com/Selecting-Yo ... ram-E-Book. Let us know how else we can help, good luck!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php
yogesh.kc20
Students

by yogesh.kc20 Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:54 pm

Many thanks Jennifer!
I agree that the score is low and will definitely try to improve. The guide looks very helpful.
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by mbamissionjenK Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:25 am

You are welcome, good luck!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php