Experiencing a writing block? Why don't you try clearing it up in here!
vanioswal07
Forum Guests

Please Review my Analyze Issue Essay

by vanioswal07 Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:18 pm

AWA ESSAYS: Analyze Issues
ESSAY QUESTION:
An author once wrote that "The invention of the telephone prevents us from appreciating the distance between us." Today this is even more true as the rise of the Internet has enabled inexpensive global communication.

Discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the position stated above. Support your viewpoint using reasons and examples from your own experience, observations, or reading.

YOUR RESPONSE:
The DOTCom burst in 2000 has further globalized the world and made it possible to communicate with such ease than even with the Graham Bell Invention "Telephone" .There have been many upgrades in technology since then and the World is becoming more and more flat now.In this digitized world , it has made distance not come in the middle of people wanting to keep in touch.
Facebook, the largest social networking site, has millions of users living all around the world who interact on this common platform and update each other with their lives and too by paying not a single penny.
Skype , another break through invention , has made it possible to video chat with someone who lives on the opposite side of the world with such clarity of voice and video that it seems as if the person across the screen is right next to you.
Smartphones and tablets also make it possible to walk and talk at any time of the day and theres also an option of video conferencing and many other features that help to make the other person feel as if right next to you.
Thus, traditional methods like writing letters and the uncertainty of meeting people have gone and now it is ever more easier to be in touch.
thanghnvn
Prospective Students

Re: Please Review my Analyze Issue Essay

by thanghnvn Wed May 02, 2012 6:27 am

I write the following in less than 30 minutes. I am non native. I want us to compare the two essays and comment. I do not have hard words so I focus on ideas. pls comment, thank you.

An author once wrote that "The invention of the telephone prevents us from appreciating the distance between us." Today this is even more true as the rise of the Internet has enabled inexpensive global communication.

Discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the position stated above. Support your viewpoint using reasons and examples from your own experience, observations, or reading.

Some persons say that telephone prevents us from appreciating the distance. This problem is controversial. Each person has own his or her view. I think that the easy communication do prevent us from appreciating the distance and have some reasons for my idea.

The first point I want to show is that only telephone can makes us unable to appreciate the distance. This thing is very clear. I and my friend offen discuss and chat with each other over long distance telephone. We forget the distance between us which is very far. Out distance is aroud 2000 km. Because we forgeting the distance, sometimes I and my friend invite each other to a coffee. When we realize that we are very far, both of us smile and say "it is very funny, we forget the distance".

The second point I want to show is that internet makes us unable to appreciate the distance. Today internet is all over the world and persons forget the distance when they communicate with one another through internet. I can give you an example. One time I chat with 2 of my friends at the same time. One friend is in the same building in which I live. The other friend is in the different country. I said ,to the friend living in the other country, that this afternoon buy me a coffee. I forget that the friend is very far. Why I am forget the distance? Because I chat with him and because the easy communication makes me feel that.

Some persons say that the easy communication dose not make us forget the distance. They say that even thay chat or talk with other persons easily, they can not forget the distance between them. I do not aggree with this point. They do not show the evidence that they do not forget the distance. I am sure, they at some time make the mistake as I do in the above example.

In conclusion, after consider many situations, I think that the easy communication makes person unable to appreciate the distance between persons.In the future this point still is correct.