Experiencing a writing block? Why don't you try clearing it up in here!
prateeshpranjal
Students

Please grade my

by prateeshpranjal Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:29 am

Hello Friends , I am planning to write GMAT soon . But i have not practiced the AWA and AoI . Please grade the following AoI.

"It is unrealistic to expect individual nations to make, independently, the sacrifices necessary to conserve energy. International leadership and worldwide cooperation are essential if we expect to protect the world's energy resources for future generations."

Discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the opinion stated above. Support your views with reasons and/or examples from your own experience, observations, or reading.
[color=#FF0000]
[/color]

It is unrealistic to expect individual nations to make, independently, the sacrifices necessary to conserve energy. International leadership and worldwide cooperation are essential if we expect to protect the world's energy resources for future generations. In this discussion I shall present arguments which agree with the latter statement more that the former statement.

To protect the world’s energy resources for future generations individual nations have to make independent efforts and contribution although international leadership and worldwide cooperation can act as a catalyst in this campaign but cannot drive the energy saving campaign worldwide.

Promotion of nationwide use of CFL against the electricity bulb is a classic example of how the efforts of individual nations would affect the most in conserving energy .Similarly the promotions such as switching off the lights and electrical equipments when leaving the room can be carried by individual nation through means such as newspapers , electronic media , schools etc. There is less necessity of worldwide cooperation in such activities.

It is individual nation which can imply certain rules and build infrastructure resulting in conservation of the energy in its country. Better Public transport facility in a city can be a big plus in saving the energy. Public transport such as "TUBE" in London, "DELHI Metro Rail" in New Delhi can be planned and implemented only by individual nation and international leadership and worldwide corporation has less to do with it.
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Please grade my

by StaceyKoprince Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:53 pm

Hi, thanks for posting your essays! Just an FYI that instructors don't grade or give feedback on essays (see the forum guidelines for details).

But I certainly hope other community members respond. Also, if you're in our class, you'll have an opportunity to get essays graded and get written feedback during the course (after class 6).

Finally, you can get essays graded by GMAT Write (the official essay grading service from the makers of the exam) - they'll both grade the essays and provide feedback as to how to improve (for a fee). For details and pricing, go to www.mba.com and search for GMAT Write.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep