Share your thoughts, experiences, and suggestions regarding your ManhattanGMAT course and curriculum.
ShohratB474
Course Students

Please advise me what course to choose

by ShohratB474 Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:50 pm

Hello everyone!

Could you please give me some advice?

My GMAT experience is as follows:

Nov 1, 2014 Gmat Prep 510 (Q42, V19)
Jul 2, 2015 Gmat Prep 470 (Q33, V21)
May 18, 2015 Princeton Review 450 (Q38, V14)
Jun 20, 2015 Optimus Prep 660 (Q44, V38) I think I received such a high score here, because I might have done some of the questions in the test while I was doing my Optimus Prep on-demand classes.
Jun 24, 2015 Optimus Prep 560 (Q41, V26)

I purchased the Optimus Prep on-demand course in November 2014, but only started doing it in December 2014 or January 2015. After finishing the course I took some practice tests. I thought that my scores were quite low, especially in the verbal part. So after doing some online research, I bought the e-Gmat Live Prep course. It was quite cheap, and moreover, it was said that it is very suitable for non-natives. I liked its SC classes and I think it helped me a lot, but when I started doing its CR part, I started disliking it and gave up. I think that its questions are not GMAT-like at all. After that I even didn't try doing its RC part. I stopped preparing for the GMAT in August and haven't done anything since then. Now I am thinking to resume my preparation, but I would like to find something more suitable for me. My target score is 700, but I think it will be very hard for me to reach it. At least, I think I should get somewhere 650. What type of prep options would you recommend to me? If I spend about 10 hours each week for the prep, would I be able to reach my target score within 2-3 months? I can spend up to $1500 for my prep this time. But I would like to spend it rationally. Is it better for me to buy MGMAT on-demand course or is it better to buy the MGMAT complete course? I am afraid that I will have some internet issues with live prep if I buy the complete course though. I cannot even watch MGMAT interact lessons without using a proxy software. And when I use such a software, my internet speed gets much lower. What about just buying the MGMAT verbal on-demand course? Please give me some advice if possible.
Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Shohrat