If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
Priya

Personal Statement guide for Kellogg

by Priya Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:27 am

Hi,

I am Priya from India. I am a financial journalist who has worked in a national business daily in India for the past year and the half. My GMAT score is 690 (V 44 Q 40). I have travelled extensively around India and written a lot of news stories and features on stock markets and policies related to that. I am looking at marketing or OB programs at Kellogg, Tuck, Johnson and Goizuetta. I wish to know whether I stand a chance particularly since, as I understand, this is most likely going to be another ultra competitive year.

Also, I have been looking for the personal mission statement guide for Kellogg but have not been able to find it. I got an email from you about this and would like to know how I can get hold of that. Thanks a lot.
MBA Mission

Re: Personal Statement guide for Kellogg

by MBA Mission Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:21 pm

Priya,

As an international, female candidate with a differentiated professional background, you certainly have the foundation for a competitive candidacy. Can you please let me know a little bit more about your profile: undergraduate grades and institution? Community work? Personal interests? Etc...

You will find our free personal statement document in our online store (http://www.mbamission.com/store.php) - just scroll to the middle of the page.

Sincerely,
Jeremy Shinewald
646-485-8844

Priya Wrote:Hi,

I am Priya from India. I am a financial journalist who has worked in a national business daily in India for the past year and the half. My GMAT score is 690 (V 44 Q 40). I have travelled extensively around India and written a lot of news stories and features on stock markets and policies related to that. I am looking at marketing or OB programs at Kellogg, Tuck, Johnson and Goizuetta. I wish to know whether I stand a chance particularly since, as I understand, this is most likely going to be another ultra competitive year.

Also, I have been looking for the personal mission statement guide for Kellogg but have not been able to find it. I got an email from you about this and would like to know how I can get hold of that. Thanks a lot.
Priya

Profile evaluation

by Priya Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:29 am

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I completed my B.A in Economics and Statistics from St Xavier's College (University of Mumbai). I got 75 per cent in my final year (we had a per centage system and I am yet to calculate my GPA). After that, I did a diploma in journalism for a year in Chennai. This involved a lot of travel and project work. I have been working in my current job since May 2007.

I learnt German for 4 years at the Goethe Institut and can speak the language fluently. While at college, I also taught kids from poor neighbourhoods in Mumbai for a year at a local non government organisation called Sunbeam. I gave it up because I had to move to Chennai. I read a lot, enjoy travelling and learning new languages.

I am applying for an MBA in marketing or OB for Fall 2009. Eventually I want to get into academics but I do not want to directly apply for a PhD. I want to do an MBA first, maybe even work for a bit because that will give me the time to figure out exactly what I want to do research in.

I want to know what are the areas I should focus on in my applications.
MBA Mission

Re: Profile evaluation

by MBA Mission Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:19 am

Thank you for your latest post.

I think that your international experience will be helpful and your involvement with Sunbeam will give you and added dimension to an already differentiated profile. Because it is such a competitive year, I think that you will be a reach for Kellogg and Tuck, but, as an international female from a non-traditional background, I would still give them a shot. You should be competitive at Johnson and safe at Goizueta.

Sincerely,
Jeremy Shinewald
MBA Mission

www.mbamission.com
646-485-8844

Priya Wrote:Hi,

Thank you for your response. I completed my B.A in Economics and Statistics from St Xavier's College (University of Mumbai). I got 75 per cent in my final year (we had a per centage system and I am yet to calculate my GPA). After that, I did a diploma in journalism for a year in Chennai. This involved a lot of travel and project work. I have been working in my current job since May 2007.

I learnt German for 4 years at the Goethe Institut and can speak the language fluently. While at college, I also taught kids from poor neighbourhoods in Mumbai for a year at a local non government organisation called Sunbeam. I gave it up because I had to move to Chennai. I read a lot, enjoy travelling and learning new languages.

I am applying for an MBA in marketing or OB for Fall 2009. Eventually I want to get into academics but I do not want to directly apply for a PhD. I want to do an MBA first, maybe even work for a bit because that will give me the time to figure out exactly what I want to do research in.

I want to know what are the areas I should focus on in my applications.