Discuss the pros and cons of individual programs, and their admissions criteria, with your peers here.
amey.khalatkar
Forum Guests

New York Colleges: Stern vs Columbia

by amey.khalatkar Mon May 14, 2012 1:53 pm

Hi

I have been going through the rankings of Columbia and Stern lately but not sure what exactly puts one higher than the other. Is getting one difficult than the other? Higher brand value? Better campus recruitment?

Also, if I am looking for a course that helps me use my Business Analytics background and interest in Media and Entertainment, Are these colleges the right ones I am looking forward to? Feel free to suggest...

Feel free to redirect to an already existing post on this topic. Started this thread since I didnt find any "Stern vs Columbia".

My Background (Optional Read):

I am an IT professional with about 4 years of experience. I have an "average" undergraduate record but got recruited in an IT firm with internationally recognized brand value. Since then I have got client appreciations and done numerous certifications - Beginner level Teradata, Advanced Level in Business Analystics Tools-SAS. (Apart from an expired CCNA that I did in college). Having a GRE score of 1390 which may expire by fall 2013.

Is there anyway how I can make up for my undergraduate record with this replenished history? Add a condition, say if I get 700+ in GMAT. Does that make Stern/Columbia a possibility?

Sorry for the dry story, but I guess this explains the best where I stand right now.

Thanks. Have a Nice Day!
amey.khalatkar
Forum Guests

Re: New York Colleges: Stern vs Columbia

by amey.khalatkar Wed May 16, 2012 12:21 pm

Well, I see an increasing number of views but no posts. :-)

Feel free to put your thoughts guys. I'll be glad to hear from people interested in Stern, Columbia, (or NYC in general). Fine if its a bit unrelated too. :-)