If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
Jen

Need Advice

by Jen Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:24 pm

I am a 27 yo Female with good work experience. I just took the GMAT for the 2nd time and am not happy with the results After the 1st attempt I sought to increase my Math Score, which I did - meanwhile my verbal went down. I would like to know if schools will consider when I report the 680 score, that I took it again and the math score improved. I am targeting schools NYU, Cornell, UNC, Duke, Georgetown.
I should use the higher overall score, event though the 2nd attempt was more balanced?
Should I take it again hopes that I can do well on both Math and Verbal and reach 700?
1st attempt- 680 V- 95% (42) M- 48% (39) AWA: 6
2nd attempt - 670 V - 88% (39) M - 70% (43)

I REALLY appreciate your feedback. Thank you.
MBAApply

by MBAApply Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:37 pm

Use the score with the more balanced verbal/quant split.

Alex
alex@mbaapply.com
www.mbaapply.com
http://mbaapply.blogspot.com
Jen

Really?

by Jen Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:42 pm

Really? But ultimately aren't schools concerned about bringing their average score down, in terms of rankings? I would think use the higher score, but bring attention in optional essay to the fact that I did bring up my math score in my 2nd attempt (I can do math).
Jen

Really?

by Jen Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:43 pm

Really? But ultimately aren't schools concerned about bringing their average score down, in terms of rankings? I would think use the higher score, but bring attention in optional essay to the fact that I did bring up my math score in my 2nd attempt (I can do math).