The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
FrederickL886
Forum Guests

My GMAT Was Today (720: 50Q, 38V, 8 IR)

by FrederickL886 Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:09 pm

Hey friends,

Today was the big day. I slept until 10:00 AM or so. I watched some TV. I looked over the four problems I missed on the second official practice test. I then went to the coffee shop and had lunch. I bought some granola bars to eat during a break in the exam. I came back and took a 20 minute nap before heading to the exam. My exam was scheduled for 2:00 PM, but there were no seats when I got there, so I did not start until 2:15. I had a good idea of how I wanted to approach the essay, and I think it went okay. I had not practiced or read anything about the essay until yesterday. I read Chapter 2 of the MGMAT guide last night. Essay seemed fine.

I did not think I did well on IR, but the score says 8, 92%ile, so I'll take it.

I felt very good on the Quant. I knew there would be a few problems that were too hard to finish in 2 minutes, so I figured I would just try to make logical guesses on them. I ended up with a solid 50.

Verbal was tough, mainly because I was so tired at that point. I ate one of my granola bars during the break to refocus. Every time I felt I got a few correct in a row, I got a problem that was super tough. My last RC passage was something confusing and scientific. Either way, I maintained a solid pace throughout.

I am an actuary by profession. I started MGMAT about 3 months ago. I got 630 and 640 on the two MGMAT practice exams I took in March. I took the official GMAT exams each of the past two Saturdays and got 730 (47Q, 44V) and 720 (50Q, 36V).

I think MGMAT is great. The math review is very solid, but the problems are too hard on the high end. I have heard some say they are not harder, but longer. However, I consider longer to be harder, since time pressure is the #1 enemy on this exam.

I don't plan to get an MBA. I may do Business Analytics though. I am checked out right now: My gf and I broke up 6 days ago, and the breakup has taken a toll on me honestly. I almost canceled my exam before going. However, I did not want my hard work to go towards nothing. I just wish I would've balanced my preparation with my relationship a bit better. I stopped studying the last 5 days of the exam, in fact.

Thank you MGMAT and participants for all of your help. I really appreciate it.

-Fred
KakakkdeK400
Prospective Students

Re: My GMAT Was Today (720: 50Q, 38V, 8 IR)

by KakakkdeK400 Mon May 25, 2015 10:20 am

thanks for the list guys. it'll really help me.