The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
Shib

My GMAT Experience

by Shib Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:29 pm

Hi All,
Just finished my GMAT yesterday with a 710 (Q:48,V:40). Don't know whether this score is great enough to blog my experience, but I thought it would be injustice if I don't thank personally the people at ManhattanGmat. People like Stacy and Dan who helped me understand the subtleties of English Grammar or the complexities of the dreaded daemon, "Probability", and kept me going.

My profile is of an average Indian Software professional with 5+ years of work experience.Currently working in the United Kingdom and have prior work experience in the US.I have some somewhat average extra carriculars but not an exceptional one.Thats why cannot make up my mind whether should I apply with this score or go for a retake.Stacy, Dan or other MGMAT experts, your opinion is highly coveted in this regard.

My suggestion to newbies would be to stick to OG and MGMAT online materials.A thorough understanding of the concepts there should be enough to crack the nut.And also make use of the forum where the faculties are contributing everytime with their insights.Overall I found that the MGMAT material was 99% representative of the actual GMAT.

Once again,thanks MGMAT. Continue this wonderful effort of yours to enlighten the souls of lame GMAT aspirants like me.

Shib
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:09 pm

Congrats Shib - that's excellent! A 710 is a fantastic score and I personally don't think it will keep you out of any schools (that's not to say it will get you in - they base admissions on lots of things, of course). I would think your best energy at this point is spent on apps.

Having said that, I'd ask this question in our Admissions thread to get the perspective of the admissions experts. My specialty is the test, not admissions. :)

Let us know how it goes!
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep