If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
mohnish_khiani
Forum Guests

MS(Finance) or MBA(Finance)

by mohnish_khiani Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:53 am

Hello Everyone,

I am an Indian, currently doing my MBA at IIM Shillong. My specialization in my MBA is Finance. I have given my CFA Level 1 this June and I have got a job in Equity Research division of a MNC bank starting April, 2015. I am interested in making my career in Equities market, something related to Equity Research or Equity Portfolio Management. Since most of the jobs in India are back-end jobs, I am wanting to shift to US. This is why i want to pursue another post graduate degree in US. So which one should I go for, MS in Finance (or) MBA in Finance itself ?

Thanks in advance.
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: MS(Finance) or MBA(Finance)

by mbamissionjenK Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:32 pm

Hi there,

Overall I'd recommend researching specific roles at companies you may be interested in, and seeing if you can find out hiring preferences.. sometimes you can even set up informational interviews with recruiters, and/or network with those in similar jobs as to what you'd be interested in. I'd also just add that it can be tough to go for a second MBA... many schools are hesitant to accept someone for a second of the same degree and would rather accept those who are strong candidates AND make a great case for needing this degree, something to keep in mind too. Good luck!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php