The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
gokyada
Course Students

miserably failed in my REAL

by gokyada Wed May 11, 2011 6:51 pm

I took my exam today and miserably failed. I was scoring around 600 in mgmat tests. (Q 47, V27, with essays). In real I got 520 (Q 48 and V15). Just exhausted after Math. Any suggestions on what I need to do? I knew, I was not prepared well for verbal, but did not expect to be exhausted and score so bad. Atleast, around 27 would have been much better :-(
messi10
Course Students

Re: miserably failed in my REAL

by messi10 Mon May 23, 2011 7:07 am

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I had similar issues when doing my practice CATs. Stamina can be a real problem for some and it seems that you had the same issue. But good news is that it can be improved.

When you give your practice CATs, make sure you do the following:

1. Be well rested. Do not study for 12 hours the day before and then attempt the test
2. Give it under real conditions i.e. lock yourself in a room, attempt the AWA, take the 8 min break, attempt the quant, take the 8 min break and attempt the verbal. Basically every time you take any practice CATs, practice as if you were taking it under real conditions.
3. Dont skip the AWA in the practice CATs. Dont forget that this is an hour long and can be very taxing on your brain. Get a good strategy for the AWAs cause you must do them well without exhausting too much energy
4. With an instructor, do a review of your MGMAT CATs and work on your weaker areas. No point in improving just the stamina and not working on the issues.

Hope this helps. Do not get demoralized with your first attempt. Many stories out there on how people have been able to improve their scores.

Regards

Sunil