The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
NabeelZ316
Students

miserable score :(

by NabeelZ316 Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:10 pm

hey all

so im just coming back from giving my first gmat Test. I got a score of 530 and needless to say I am disappointed.
Here is the breakdown of my score

IR-4
Qaunt-31 ( 20 something percentile) - I already cancelled my score in the 2 minute window so its hard for me to recall exact percentage without verifying it. Is there a way I can still see my score?
Verbal-37 ( 67 percentile ) - Is this a good score for verbal?

Also, I didnt see my AWA score. Will they still send me my AWA score even though I've cancelled my score?

Quant and Verb total = 68
Before posting here, I read some posts where the total verb and quant score was less than mine but the score of 530 was still the same. I'm a bit confused GMAT calculates this score.

Now, about my experience. I studied for GMAT for about 3 months. My strategy was to go through all of the 8 of the MGMAT books first like really did through them. Once I completed that, started doing random questions from OG16 and OG13. In 3 weeks prior to the test, I mainly did CATs but only the quant sections. My scores were never good. Usually in the range of 30 and 39. But I figured I'd just review the explanations for questions I got wrong and remember those explanations so next time I dont make the same mistakes. Turns out, after doing 3 or 4 CAT's I was still get a large number of quant questions wrong. However, when I would review the explanations I'd figure, well that was easy and why didnt I see that coming? I figured I just need to be able to learn to identify the pattern of questions quciker. Yeah, that didnt work out on the actual day of the test mainly I think because of time pressure. I remember coming across a few questions and thinkin " Oh I'll be able to decode this question in no time " and 3.5 minutes later, I realize it's just time to pick a random choice and move on.

So yeah that was my experience.
Now for my 2nd attempt, I really want to brush up my study strategy especially for quant section. I feel my quant learning is scattered all over the place and my past strategy of learning random questions' explanations isnt working out. I want an organized strategy where I'm learning everything from beginning till the end.

How do I go about reinventing my quant studying strategy?
OscarP597
Forum Guests

Re: miserable score :(

by OscarP597 Fri May 22, 2020 12:58 pm

Jay's Frames team is committed to providing you with the absolute BEST custom framing product and experience possible. We pride ourselves in our creative, unique and innovative designing capabilities, our superior customer service, our extensive knowledge and experience, our proper handling of fine art and rare memorabilia, our use of archival acid-free materials, UV filtering glass, proper framing practices, our vast collection of over 3,000 framing options, our excellent prices, and our efficient and effective project execution. Located in HOUSTON, TX.