If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
ShobhitK282
Students

MGMAT CR 1

by ShobhitK282 Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:32 am

Joanne: An increasing number of online retailers now allow customers to create "wish lists" of items they would like to receive as gifts. Such lists are certainly useful, but these retailers should also explore other ways to suggest gift purchases for these customers. In particular, without revealing the specifics of a customer's purchase history, a website could quickly analyze a retailer's entire inventory, select a list of items similar to those the customer has already purchased, and then e-mail that list to a group of contacts specified by the customer. Such a system would suggest gifts that, because of their similarity to the customer's prior purchases, would be extremely likely to appeal to the customer. In the argument, Joanne assumes that the hypothetical customers

(A) are familiar with most or all of the items in stock on the websites where they shop
(B) would prefer novel gifts that are unlike the items they currently own
(C) do not use retail websites primarily to purchase gifts
(D) would be relatively unconcerned if their retail purchase histories were available to others
(E) prefer online shopping to shopping in physical retail stores

I'm confused between OA(C) and E? I chose E because if we negate it-doesn't prefer online shopping. This would mean that her history is not indicative and hence the gift would nout appeal to her. Why is my reasoning wrong?
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: MGMAT CR 1

by mbamissionjenK Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:24 pm

(perhaps this was posted in the incorrect forum? This is Jen, from mbaMission, about business school admissions questions. ;) )
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php
ShobhitK282
Students

by ShobhitK282 Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:42 am

I'm so sorry Jen. I didn't realize.
I will move this to relevant forum. :)
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by mbamissionjenK Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:47 pm

No worries! let me know if you need anything. ;)
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php