If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
HarshaV664
Students

MBA chances, Do i need to retake?

by HarshaV664 Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:17 am

HI,

I am looking forward to applying to the some of the top MBA with concentration in healthcare programs in US.

Background - GMAT 700 (q51 v32)
30 months of experience in medical devices industry - a mix of R&D, Marketing and Business Track roles.
Entrepreneurship - have tried two ventures, still working on it.
Graduated from IIT Madras. CGPA 7.7.
Also, I am confident of delivering a good essay.

What are my chances for getting into one of the top MBA with concentration in Healthcare programs? Do I need to retake the GMAT?
Also, in the GMAT mocks - MGMAT I used to score 740-760 before my GMAT, unfortunately I was not able to deliver similar performance(I found GMAT verbal more difficult than mocks for sure!)

Thanks in Advance !! :)
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: MBA chances, Do i need to retake?

by mbamissionjenK Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:25 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your post. Sounds like you have some pluses to your profile, though you'll be a bit less-experienced than typical successful applicants. Not sure specifically which "top" programs you are aiming for... obviously the very top, such as Harvard/Stanford/Wharton, will be quite tough for most, and with the current GMAT and experience level definitely a reach.... no matter what given how well you did on recent practice tests I would encourage you to give it one more shot!! Not a lot to lose by doing so, and likely your practice test performance indicates that you are capable of that higher score! Keep us posted and good luck!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php