If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
gmatcats
Forum Guests

Masters Real Estate

by gmatcats Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:14 pm

After 2 very dissapointing gmat experience, I am left with a 610 38/35. I was scoring 720-740 on my manhattan gmat cats and couldn't understand what happened at all. The first time I recieved a 570- 42/28.

I am looking to apply to a masters in real estate program at Columbia, USC, NYU, MIT, and Harvard. MIT said their average gmat was a 650 for the masters in real estate.

I have around a 3.8 gpa in economics from a non-top school and wanted to know if my gmat will be an issue. An MBA and MSRED is different so not sure if fit is more important as opposed to MBA where gmat is SO important.

I have 2 years of experience and real estate. I have bought a few houses, redone them and flipped them for personal experience while working full time at an investment group and really enjoyed. Before I start my own group I would like a masters in real estate.

Thanks
mili
Forum Guests

Re: Masters Real Estate

by mili Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:43 pm

Hi there,

My apologies, but I am not as familiar with the requirements and criteria for a Masters in Real Estate. My sense is that GMAT would not be weighted as much as it is for MBA programs, but I don't know for certain. Always remember that the average score is just that - an average. That means that a large chunk of the class scored below a 650! In any case, if you aren't planning to retake the test, you're stuck with your score and you may as well apply. I would, however, add some safer schools to your list to hedge your bets.

Good luck,

Mili Mittal
Senior Consultant
http://www.mbamission.com

Read the mbaMission Insider's Guides (16 individual school titles)

Download mbaMission’s Free Personal Statement Guide

Visit the mbaMission Blog

Follow mbaMission on Twitter
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Masters Real Estate

by mbamissionjenK Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:11 pm

Hi there-- I'm not sure of your question, feel free to clarify, thanks!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php