Study and Strategy questions relating to the GMAT.
DianaG875
Students

Manhattan question banks

by DianaG875 Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:20 am

Hi!

I tried to solve a few questions from Manhattan's question banks, with no luck. Where can I find the explanations to those questions?

Thanks!
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Manhattan question banks

by StaceyKoprince Mon May 01, 2023 4:04 pm

Hi! When you finish a question bank, you are then able to review the questions in that bank, including the correct answers and explanations. If you pause the bank / have not yet finished the bank, you can't review it yet.

For some of the longer banks, it is recommended to do just some of the problems / not all of them at once. In that case, click through to the end of the bank and then finish / exit it (confirming that you do want to finish that instance of the bank / not come back to continue it later). You'll then be able to review it.

Later, you can start a new instance of the bank to try more problems in that bank. Do the same thing—click through any questions you don't want to do and just do the questions that you do want to do. Then finish/exit the bank and you'll be able to review the problem and their solutions.

Let us now if you have any other questions!
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep
EllaG872
Forum Guests

by EllaG872 Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:18 pm

When are we supposed to be using the question banks? I am in week 2 of the on demand GMAT prep course and am not sure if I am supposed to be doing them as I like or if they will be assigned. Let me know and thanks!
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:14 pm

Hi! For the On Demand program (as well as our live classes), most of the online question banks are optional / extra practice for when you want to use them. Most of your problem sets will be from your MPrep books or the Official Guide (and these are all assigned in your main homework tasks, week by week).

There is one main exception: certain problem types from the Data Insights section of the exam. Some of the problem types in that section have to be done online (such as Tables, which you're learning about in Week 2), because the problems are interactive (for example, you can sort Tables by their column headers while solving the problem).

So those will also be assigned as part of your main homework. In all of these cases, you don't have to do anything special or extra—you'll just see the assignments as you work your way through the syllabus.

Most people find the above to be sufficient for their needs, but if you ever do want additional practice with anything (eg, Foundations of Math or a particular question type or math content area), you can use our online problem sets. You can find those in the left-hand sidebar menu under Question Banks. And the OG also has additional online-only problems, though I recommend saving those for later in your studies—once you know all the content, use the OG online tool to set up random problem sets so that you can mimic real-test conditions with real former test problems.

Let us know if you have any other questions. Good luck with your studies!
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep
EllaG872
Forum Guests

by EllaG872 Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:47 pm

Got it - thank you!!
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff