The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
haripriy

Manhattan GMAT greatly contributed towards improving score

by haripriy Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:44 pm

Hi All,

I thought I had prepared well for the GMAT the first time but after getting a 660 I knew I could prepare better. I found great reviews regarding Manhattan GMAT on the web and purchased the 7 books. I read all the books, did all the exercises and the exams. I wrote the GMAT again and got 730, which I felt was a good improvement. I would like to point out that I added only 2 things to my preparation list after the 1st exam and Manhattan GMAT was one of them, which speaks volumes about their materials. I highly recommend it.

Best wishes.
hsb801

great scroe

by hsb801 Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:20 pm

great score- quick question on RC. MGMAT suggests to re-write the RC questions but that takes a lot of time for me. my question: what worked for you and would u reommend this way [is it just a matter of picking up speed on this technique?]

thx

ro
Chris (MGMAT)

RC techniques

by Chris (MGMAT) Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:34 am

It is the case that ManhattanGMAT recommends writing and summarizing various elements of the Reading Comprehension passages in order to encourage active reading and comprehension.

However, you should integrate this approach into your own individual constraints where time management is concerned.

Another way of looking at it is that most people have a natural tendency to simply read a passage and then begin answering the questions. This passive approach is the starting point.

The MGMAT approach could be considered the opposite - that is, writing an extensive amount about the passage as you go to help facilitate understanding. However, this may be too time-consuming for some students.

Your final approach will, in most cases, be a synthesis of these two approaches. That is, you will write more than you would naturally do, but perhaps a bit less than the MGMAT approach dictates. A composite approach has been effective for many students, in my experience, and practice helps each individual hone the best way to diagram.

I hope that this is somewhat helpful. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist.

Chris Ryan