If you're experiencing a roadblock with one of the Manhattan Prep GMAT math strategy guides, help is here!
dannygill928
Forum Guests

Manhattan 5th Edition but OG 12, questions for each section?

by dannygill928 Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:37 pm

I have the Manhattan Guide 5th Edition but the Official Guide 12. I am trying to figure out which questions to practice in the OG Guide that relate to the corresponding Manhattan 5th edition section such as number properties. Does anyone have a mapping of this?

Or should I just buy the OG 13 since the 5th edition spells out what to practice? My issue with this is I feel like I might as well buy the newest 2015 book. However, the problem with that is that I still wont know which questions I can use to practice each section I am currently studying.
RonPurewal
Students

Re: Manhattan 5th Edition but OG 12, questions for each section?

by RonPurewal Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:32 am

"the newest 2015 book" is exactly the same as og13. the only difference is the availability of some additional online content with the new book.
(i don't even think there are new problems; i think the new content simply reorganizes existing problems into problem sets, or something like that.)
RonPurewal
Students

Re: Manhattan 5th Edition but OG 12, questions for each section?

by RonPurewal Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:32 am

you should just go ahead and buy the book, though. if you're on a tight budget, check amazon for used copies—at this very moment, i'm seeing some for as little as 7$ including shipping.

in each edition, some problems are purged and replaced with other problems. that process isn't random—the problems that are removed are removed for some decently good reason—so, it's always a good idea to have the latest edition.