The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
Med
Students

Low verbal score need help

by Med Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:13 am

Hi Guys! I need help and lots of advice from you all.
I gave GMAT one month back and i score Q44,V27. It was first time i gave gmat test on computer so i thought to prepare for a month.
Today i gave the test again and i score Q50,V28. and i have no idea about low verbal score.
I remember i was stuck on one SC question dont know for how long before i realized that i am left with atleast 20 questions and 30 minutes.I rushed through rest of the test.
I have given MGMAT atleast 12 times and have never scored below 38 in any of the tests. I have no idea what went wrong. I remember I was hungry thats all.
Please help me.
Ron Genius! please help.
And I am planning to give test one more time in another 1 week. And i know that i dont have patience to prepare for any longer than 1 week. If i do my score in Quant will drop. I have done officeguie, Manhattan books, MGMAT tests, GMATprep tests . Not done 1000 series.
messi10
Course Students

Re: Low verbal score need help

by messi10 Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:44 am

Hi Medha,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Only thing I will say is that you probably won't be able to resit the test in a weeks time. You have to wait at least 1 month before you can retake GMAT.

The problem that jumps out from your post is that your timing went wrong when you spent a lot of time on that SC. Stacey has done a few posts on timing, please take a look and make sure you NEVER ever fall behind on the timing benchmarks. No matter how well prepared you are, if you get the timing wrong, there is absolutely no coming back.

I think one of the instructors will need to pitch in further for what you should do next.

Hope it goes well next time

Regards

Sunil