If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
dimaa682
Forum Guests

Low quant , good verbal! Should i retake?

by dimaa682 Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:20 pm

I took the gmat for the second time and got a 650 ( 39quant, 40 verbal) (quant in the first attempt was a bit better (42)! I'm interested in top 10 -20 programs and i am wondering whether its necessary to take it for a third time! I have a 3.9 GPA in business administration with emphasis in accounting and I work as an auditor at Deloitte & Touche. Im a female international student (Middle East )! Thanks in advance for your advice!
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Low quant , good verbal! Should i retake?

by mbamissionjenK Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:18 pm

Hi there,

Well you do have a lot going for you--- international female with accounting & business experience at Deloitte plus 3.9 GPA.... there are other unknowns on my end like how much experience; what you've achieved professionally and personally; extracurriculars etc.... the quant work experience should help at least demonstrate that you have the quant skills. A 650 IS below the average at that caliber of school so it's hard to say.... you could go either way. If they like everything else in your profile you would still have a shot; but higher would also help... if you scored a lot better on any quality practice tests and you are up for one more try I'd say go for it.... and depending on when you are applying/time etc. If it's too tough and/or you don't think you'd improve much might not be worth your time.
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php