If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
yitzis456
Course Students

low ir on retake

by yitzis456 Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:33 pm

Hi. I took my gmat two and a half weeks ago and got 690 q 45 v39 ir 7. I wanted to get 700+ so i retook it yesterday and got 700 q 47 v 40. The only problem is that i toally bombed the ir and got a 1. Not exactly sure how that happened. SHould i be nervous about the 1 or since i already have a 7 it is not so bad?
Thanks
mbaMissionKate
Prospective Students

Re: low ir on retake

by mbaMissionKate Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:55 pm

Hi there, that should not be a big concern. Some schools don't really even pay much attention to the IR because not all applicants have it (since it was introduced recently). So I would submit the 700, and then if you want, write a very brief statement in the optional essay pointing to your higher IR score. Reaching the 700 mark is great and the 47 quant is a solid score there too. Good luck!
Kate Richardson
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
kate@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php
yitzis456
Course Students

by yitzis456 Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:47 am

If i dont plan on applying within the next couple of years does that make any difference?
Also is there a big difference between a 690 and 700?
mbaMissionKate
Prospective Students

by mbaMissionKate Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:21 pm

That should not be an issue, scores are valid for 5 years. There's some difference between a 690 and a 700 (some schools may really want 700+ scores) but it's not a huge difference. Only 10 points after all :) But I would still report the highest overall score. If you've got another year and you feel like you can do better, then maybe it is worth another shot. Perhaps knowing you've got a 700 in your back pocket will help you to relax and score even higher! Depends on what schools you're targeting of course. Good luck!
Kate Richardson
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
kate@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php
deadbeatimpressd977
Forum Guests

Economy of United Arab Emirates

by deadbeatimpressd977 Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:58 am

The Global Peace Index (GPI) for United Arab Emirates is 1.805. Due to strong law enforcement presence and high social responsibility, United Arab Emirates is very safe by international standards. The strength of legal rights index for United Arab Emirates is 2. Overall, it is considered to be rather weak - bankrupcy and collateral laws are unable to protect the rights of borrowers and lenders in case of credit-related complications; credit information, if any at all, is scarce and hardly accessible.