Have any questions or thoughts about the testing center, scratch pad, etc.? Share them here.
Lefty

Laminated booklet?

by Lefty Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:07 pm

Where can I get a replica of the scratch paper used to take the GMAT?
Chris (MGMAT)

Test Day Scratch Paper

by Chris (MGMAT) Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:19 pm

ManhattanGMAT is currently developing a replica of the scratch paper used in the Pearson Vue centers, complete with marker. It will be available in the online store at www.manhattangmat.com by the end of March. Good luck practicing!
OutOfTime

Scratch pad

by OutOfTime Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:22 am

It's past end of March, where's your scratch pad? :wink:
ayang
ManhattanGMAT Staff

GMAT Scratch Paper

by ayang Tue May 01, 2007 4:48 pm

The Manhattan GMAT Test Simulation Booklet has arrived! It's virtually identical to the real thing, right down to the marker.

To check it out or buy a copy, visit the manhattangmat.com store, or go to:

http://www.manhattangmat.com/StoreItemS ... 31&catid=1

Hope that this is helpful to your practice! :) - Andrew

Scratch Pad

by Guest Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:30 pm

I was reading that you get one pad at a time. Can you erase them and reuse? I saw in the instructions you can also ask for another one. Which is easier?
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:10 am

Can't erase (and, really, you don't want to waste time doing that). You just raise your hand and they'll bring you another (and take away the one you've been using). If you can time it right, I recommend switching out your scrap paper when you take your breaks so that nothing interrupts you, even for a few seconds, in the middle of the test.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep
Daihwa

by Daihwa Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:41 pm

Just wondering what some people's experience has been with test centers being good about refreshing those laminated booklets. I think Stacy's suggestion to swap out the booklets during breaks is a good one, but for people like me who write quite a bit and use up a lot of scratch paper, I worry about finding myself sitting at my cubicle during the actual test, waiting for someone to (A) notice me, and (B) give me another booklet.

I've been using the laminated booklet provided to us as MGMAT students and typically run out of space by question #33 (quant section) or so during the practice exams.
mdinerstein
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by mdinerstein Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:34 pm

Hi Daihwa,

Generally, I haven't heard of any problems from our students about being noticed by the proctor to exchange an old scratch pad in for a new one. However, ManhattanGMAT strongly recommends not taking any time away from the exam because timing is one of the most important skills the GMAT tests. Therefore, I would practice saving space on our laminated booklet. If you're completing question 33 out of 37 on the quant section with the pad, then perhaps writing smaller or cutting down on the steps you write out on the pad will help you squeeze in those last four problems.
As I previously stated, while I haven't heard of any troubles, exchanging your pad for a new one is an aspect of the exam that is completely out of your control and any time taken away from completing the exam is time wasted. If, however, you can reign in your scratch pad usage, you can remove the entire question of waiting for a new pad, thus bringing this aspect of the exam under your control, making it a non-issue on test day.
I hope this helps!

Best,
Michael Dinerstein
Student Services Associate
tkulkarn
Students

Re:

by tkulkarn Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:56 am

StaceyKoprince Wrote:Can't erase (and, really, you don't want to waste time doing that). You just raise your hand and they'll bring you another (and take away the one you've been using). If you can time it right, I recommend switching out your scrap paper when you take your breaks so that nothing interrupts you, even for a few seconds, in the middle of the test.

Curious about how the marker looks like. I saw the pad image on manhattan store website.
Is the marker like the mechanical pencils or pens we use in daily lives?

Thank you.
mjnar1
Course Students

Re: Re:

by mjnar1 Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:43 pm

tkulkarn Wrote:
StaceyKoprince Wrote:Can't erase (and, really, you don't want to waste time doing that). You just raise your hand and they'll bring you another (and take away the one you've been using). If you can time it right, I recommend switching out your scrap paper when you take your breaks so that nothing interrupts you, even for a few seconds, in the middle of the test.

Curious about how the marker looks like. I saw the pad image on manhattan store website.
Is the marker like the mechanical pencils or pens we use in daily lives?

Thank you.

its basically like a ultra fine tip sharpie that comes off with water. the only place i was able to find these were at the pearsons testing center and the mgmat offices, i even tried to buy a couple at an art supply store and they didn't carry it. If you take your practice tests at an MGMAT office and your home pen is running low, ask for another one and they will give it to you since i haven't been able to find these anywhere! :)
atulda
Students

Re: Laminated booklet?

by atulda Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:25 am

Can you please provide information on the number of pages in a booklet provided in the exam.