If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
elkobo
Course Students

Just finished GMAT - how important is IR?

by elkobo Sat May 31, 2014 7:01 pm

Hi,

I attended a mbaMission event back in January and I learned that IR isn't used that much by b-schools today. I just took the GMAT, and got the score that I wanted, but didn't even study for IR.

I ended up with a 6 in IR (67%). Before I really let go and forget about the GMAT all together, is there any indication that IR scores will be considered this year or next year (I'm between applying round 1 this year vs. round 1 next year)?

Thanks for any help!
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Just finished GMAT - how important is IR?

by mbamissionjenK Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:02 pm

Hi there,

Overall we generally suggest aiming for a 4-5 minimum on the IR to feel it's acceptable, so I wouldn't worry with a 6. ;) It may be looked at incrementally more each year but schools are still nailing down how much impact it may have, and keep in mind that GMAT scores are reported in rankings etc; IR is not at this point, so it's not likely to keep you out, especially at a 6.

Good luck on the process, let us know how we can help!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php