Experiencing a writing block? Why don't you try clearing it up in here!
Jason.tuyj
Forum Guests

Issue for review and guidance

by Jason.tuyj Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:59 am

In some countries, television and radio programs are carefully censored for offensive language and behavior, in other countries, there is little or no censorship."

In your view, to what extent should government or any other group be able to censor television or radio programs? Explain, giving reasons and/or examples to support your position.

The issue of government or any other group be able to censor television or radio programs
is a controversial one. On the one hand. Some people support that government and some groups should be responsible for censoring the tv and radio program because it could help to create a harmonious society, on the other hand, others refute such opinion, they think that freedom speech and commercial value of TV and radio programs are priority. However, in the final analysis, I believe that government or any other group should be responsible for censor tv or radio programs.
One reason for my belief is that tv or radio programs censorship is good for young children. Some reports say that children spend twice as much time as adults on watching tv or listening radio programs. Without proper supervision on what programs young children watch, children are more likely go astray in some way. For example, if children watch too much violent tv program, he or she will become violent among others and become brutal and unreasonable which is bad for child’s development at early age.
Another reason for my belief is that censorship on tv or radio programs could prevent social turbulence. Every day we assimilate a lot of information that coming from tv or radio programs, if these information is distorted or perhaps lead some people to do bad things, for instance, committing a crime or robbing a bank, etc. Advertisement or information with such slight bad misleading behavior should be totally banned.
Perhaps the best reason is that every country has its own way of conducting supervision on tv or radio programs. It is obvious that for some countries they tend to open violence or sexual invasion on some condition while some countries don’t, for the countries who are unlikely want their citizen to be so democratic, we need government or any other groups to regulate some of commercial conduct, because it is not commercial value is priority, it is exactly people social value or moral value matters most
For all these reasons, I therefore believe that government or any other group should censor television or radio programs based on three reasons I stated, besides censorship on tv or radio program not only help us city become more peaceful but also bring more important education or knowledge to people in the society.
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Issue for review and guidance

by StaceyKoprince Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:50 am

Hi, thanks for posting your essays! Just an FYI that instructors don't grade or give feedback on essays (see the forum guidelines for details).

But I certainly hope other community members respond. Also, if you're in our class, you'll have an opportunity to get essays graded and get written feedback during the course (after class 6). Finally, you can get essays graded by GMAT Write (the official essay grading service from the makers of the exam) - they'll both grade the essays and provide feedback as to how to improve (for a fee). For details and pricing, go to www.mba.com and search for GMAT Write.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep
Jason.tuyj
Forum Guests

by Jason.tuyj Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:15 am

You can just give me some rates or advice on my essay! It's ok. I need brainstorm. Pls refer to my another topic which is rectified.

StaceyKoprince Wrote:Hi, thanks for posting your essays! Just an FYI that instructors don't grade or give feedback on essays (see the forum guidelines for details).

But I certainly hope other community members respond. Also, if you're in our class, you'll have an opportunity to get essays graded and get written feedback during the course (after class 6). Finally, you can get essays graded by GMAT Write (the official essay grading service from the makers of the exam) - they'll both grade the essays and provide feedback as to how to improve (for a fee). For details and pricing, go to http://www.mba.com and search for GMAT Write.
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:55 am

Unfortunately, we don't rate or even read the essays - the purpose of the forums is to help as many people as possible, and essays are very specific just to that one person, plus they take a lot of time to read and rate. We only have limited time to spend, so we choose to spend it on things that will help a broader pool of people.

Plus, GMAT Write already provides an excellent service, and it's from the makers of the real test, so that's really the best way to get feedback!
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep