Experiencing a writing block? Why don't you try clearing it up in here!
thanghnvn
Prospective Students

ISSUE "BECAUSE A , WE HAVE B"

by thanghnvn Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:39 am

I see that many issue has pattern BECAUSE A B , WE HAVE C". For this kind of pattern, I can use A, B as reasons to support and I do not have to brainstorm reasons any more. IS THAT RIGHT"
example of this issue is the sample essay in OG 11: "we should not produce cheap products because they waist both natural and human resouces--discuss to what extent you agree or disagree with the sentence" the sample 6 score reply write that 1-cheap product waiste natural resourse. for example. 2-cheap product waist human resource-for example.

but some other issues of the pattern BECAUSE A, WE HAVE C, I find very hard to brainstorm reasons to support. Anyone have any suggestions.?
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: ISSUE "BECAUSE A , WE HAVE B"

by StaceyKoprince Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:13 pm

You don't need to come up with reasons - you need to come up with actual examples that support the opinion you want to take.

If you agree with the essay prompt, then you need to come up with 2 or 3 actual examples (things that have really happened) that support that point of view. Similarly, if you disagree, then you just need to give a few actual examples that support your (disagreeing) point of view.

Take a look at the article that I linked in my response to your other post.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep