If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
SamanthaN632
Forum Guests

Is the US MBA worth it?

by SamanthaN632 Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:39 am

Hi,

I have been planning to do my MBA in the US for quite some time now. Lately a friend of mine told me that it's a bad idea. He has people telling him that the job opportunities in US are not that great now (even more difficult for Indians to get a job)and has advised me against this decision of mine.

I am really confused since I always thought that I would definitely get placed in the US after my MBA. I am worried because the degree costs so much and I don't want to come back to India after spending so much for college.

Please advise.

Thanks.
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Is the US MBA worth it?

by mbamissionjenK Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:01 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your concerns... that is a huge/loaded question, lol! ;) And a very personal one. Certainly MBA hiring remains strong and if you compare job opportunities WITH an MBA to without one.... the MBAs are going to have more and stronger opportunities, that is one way to look at it!! Most MBA students pay for the degree with low interest rate loans, paid back over 5-15 years with their post-MBA salaries. In terms of your being hire-able within the US after... well a lot depends upon your profile and background!! The best advice I have is 1) speak with others who came from India to the US for b-school, particularly in a similar role as you have, and 2) research the hiring trends and stats at schools you are interested in. Reach out to the Career services office with specific q's if you'd like.

Good luck to you!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php
SamanthaN632
Forum Guests

by SamanthaN632 Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:25 am

Hi JenK,

Thanks for the advice :)
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by mbamissionjenK Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:56 pm

You are welcome, good luck to you!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php