If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!

Is 700 (48Q,38V) enough for an Indian-origin Male Engineer?

by Guest Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:30 am

Hello,

I recently took the GMAT and got 700. I could possibly work on it a little bit more (a month) and get a 740 - 750, however, I am wondering whether that is time well spent or should I concentrate on other aspects of my application. I am targeting top 5 school.

Thanks and regards,

US
MBAApply

by MBAApply Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:18 am

Your GMAT score is fine.

The problem, dare I say, with quite a number of Indian applicants is overestimating the importance of their GMAT score.

If you get denied, it's because the rest of your profile wasn't competitive. No GMAT score can make up for that - no matter what country you're from. So long as it's in range, it comes down to everything else.

Good luck

Alex Chu
www.mbaapply.com
alex@mbaapply.com
http://mbaapply.blogspot.com
US

Couples applying together

by US Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:02 am

Hello Alex,

Thanks for the quick reply to my previous question regarding Indian Male 700 score. I have another quick question. My wife, Spanish descent (from Spain), is also planning to apply to biz school with me. I am wondering whether the schools take average of the couples' GMAT score. She hasn't taken her GMAT yet but she is likely to receive 660-680.

Thanks and regards,
US

No

by Guest Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:25 pm

No, decisions for couples are made independently.