If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
HenryL545
Course Students

Information Sessions

by HenryL545 Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:07 pm

I have heard that there is a slight advantage for attending an information session for the business school to which a candidate applies to. I went to an information session at Columbia Business School in November of 2015, so it has been a while, but would like to finally apply this or next year. Even though it would have been about two years since I went to the information session, would I still be qualified for this slight advantage, or would I have to go to another information session since it has been over a school year?
mbaMissionNishaT
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Information Sessions

by mbaMissionNishaT Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Hi, and thanks for writing! It can be advantageous to attend program events (since schools sometimes track attendance and/or ask for this info in your application, and attending events can signal your interest in a program) but what's even more helpful is being able to mention in your applications the specific aspects of the program that interest you and how they'll help you reach your goals. CBS wants to know that you fully understand the depth and breadth of its offerings and how you'll leverage them, so make sure that you do enough research (beyond just the website) to uncover this information. If you feel that you got enough out of the Nov. 2015 session and remember what you learned, you don't necessarily have to attend again - however, I highly recommend talking to students and alumni about their experiences.

Hope that helps! Let me know of any other questions :)

HenryL545 Wrote:I have heard that there is a slight advantage for attending an information session for the business school to which a candidate applies to. I went to an information session at Columbia Business School in November of 2015, so it has been a while, but would like to finally apply this or next year. Even though it would have been about two years since I went to the information session, would I still be qualified for this slight advantage, or would I have to go to another information session since it has been over a school year?
HenryL545
Course Students

by HenryL545 Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:07 pm

Do you believe schools, specifically CBS, track attendance dating back a few years?
mbaMissionNishaT
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by mbaMissionNishaT Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:40 pm

I'm not entirely certain of how far back they track this info - but the most important thing is for you to be able to make a strong case in your application for why CBS is a strong fit for you. If you remember the insights from your first visit, you don't have to return for a 2nd just for tracking purposes, but be able to speak to specifics about the program from your research - not only from that info session, but also from conversations you've had with students and alumni (which hopefully have been much more recent).

Hope that helps!
MasonC231
Forum Guests

by MasonC231 Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:19 am

Borochat has imparted this article to us. They are getting some information about whether you will have a lawrie or a van. Individuals who have some insight can get top essay writing service for their help or think about this thing can manage them. Much obliged for sharing this blog page with us. Continue sharing more.