If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
stambe

Indian women, 35, with R&D background

by stambe Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:56 am

Hi,

I am an Indian women (and a mom of 2) with a bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering(not one of the topmost schools) from India. My career involves 4 yrs of experience in a govt research centre in India and 7 yrs of exp in US corporations in wireless networking. I am a technical lead and currently employed by one of the topmost companies in Consumer industry.

I have been a students' leader throughout school and college and also won prizes in drama/debate/elocution.

What are my chances of getting in Haas(part time) and Stanford?

Thanks.
MBAApply

by MBAApply Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:24 am

In short:

Haas part-time: put in a strong app, and you should have a decent shot so long as your GMATs are good (i.e. high 600s at least).

Stanford: slim to none; typical class is full of younger folks with blue chip backgrounds; folks in your age tend to be from non-traditional occupations (schoolteacher, nonprofit, military, etc.); as such, too many things working against you.

Alex
alex@mbaapply.com
www.mbaapply.com
http://mbaapply.blogspot.com
stambe

by stambe Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:49 pm

I have 740 on GMAT.

As you said Berkeley Haas Part time should be easier. What are my Haas full time chances ?

It's already time for second round. What can I do to improve my full time chances at Haas?

Thanks.