Study and Strategy questions relating to the GMAT.
WanhuiQ786
Forum Guests

How to map Online Diagnostic Problems in GMAT Navigator

by WanhuiQ786 Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:19 am

I cannot find the question in navigator at all. Even though we have a PID translation list, those questions still don't match.

My question 8 of 12 in Sentence Correction is as follows

Because an oversupply of computer chips has sent prices plunging, the manufacturer has announced that it will cut production by closing its factories for two days a month.
A. Because an oversupply of computer chips has sent prices plunging,
B. Because of plunging prices for computer chips, which is due to an oversupply,
C. Because computer chip prices have been sent plunging, which resulted from an oversupply,
D. Due to plunging computer chip prices from an oversupply,
E. Due to an oversupply, with the result that computer chip prices have been sent plunging,

It has ME0032_V01920 as an identifier, but it exists neither in the navigator nor in the translation list (Yes it's parallel).

Can someone help? Thanks
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: How to map Online Diagnostic Problems in GMAT Navigator

by StaceyKoprince Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:31 pm

Hi! The official online site contains both a free problem set and the 100 "Online Exclusive" problems that are specifically associated with the purchase of the Official Guide.

This particular problem is from the free online problem set. Navigator contains solutions only for the problems associated with the Official Guide; it doesn't contain solutions that are part of the free set (or any other online set that you might purchase through them but that is not associated with the OG).

The last time I checked (but my online access has expired, so I can't check again now!), the 100 "Online Exclusive OG" problems were separated out their own problem set—so take a look to see whether that's still the case. (You have to specifically register your OG on that website in order to get access to the Online Exclusive OG set. If you haven't done that yet, then you'll only see the free problems.)

If the site no longer separates the Online Exclusive problems into their own set, then you can tell the difference because the format of the PQIDs is different. The OG Online Exclusive problems always start with the two digit abbreviation of that question type (eg, SC), followed by a series of 5 to 8 digits.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep
WanhuiQ786
Forum Guests

by WanhuiQ786 Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:39 pm

Thanks Stacey. Yes they are separated out on the online portal of official guide. It would be great to have explanations for those 100 questions in the navigator though because seem very good questions.
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:18 pm

Just to make sure this is clear: The 100 problems that are separated out as the Online Exclusive set (associated with the OG) *do* have entries and explanations in Navigator. Use the QIDs to look up those problems in Nav. (And I agree that these are good quality problems!)

It's only the free problems for which we do not offer Navigator solutions. (These ones are not the same level of quality as the OG ones...though they are still worth trying, since you do have access to them for free.)
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Thu May 11, 2023 3:51 pm

[Edited to add: The below was in response to a spammer who posted a normal comment, and then edited the response to spam after I responded. Yes, we check and, yes, we will find and delete your edited-to-spam post and ban you. So please don't waste your own time or ours! :cool: ]

You are welcome! Happy studying!
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep