vinishbnair
Forum Guests

HOW IMPORTANT IS IR

by vinishbnair Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:13 pm

Hi !

Im taking the GMAT on Jan 15th. I would like to know how seriously must I approach IR , considering that I wish to score above 600 overall? Up until now I haven't paid any attention to IR , infact I have completely ignored this section...thinking to approach the IR section as it comes as this section isn't one of the main areas that will attract an MBA recruiter's attention.

I'd like to know what do you suggest ? Im looking for an average score of the IR , esp. as I dont have time now to prepare for the section. Would it be okay to go ahead without spending time on IR or not ?
tim
Course Students

Re: HOW IMPORTANT IS IR

by tim Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:01 pm

It's worth spending a little time preparing if you can spare it. Definitely take one or two IR sections on practice tests, and go through the IR Interact on our website so you can learn a little about timing strategy. You'll definitely want to come up with a timing plan before going into the GMAT. Regardless of what happens on the IR though, don't let it affect the rest of your test. :)
Tim Sanders
Manhattan GMAT Instructor

Follow this link for some important tips to get the most out of your forum experience:
https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/forums/a-few-tips-t31405.html
RonPurewal
Students

Re: HOW IMPORTANT IS IR

by RonPurewal Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:34 am

vinishbnair Wrote:Hi !

Im taking the GMAT on Jan 15th. I would like to know how seriously must I approach IR , considering that I wish to score above 600 overall?

IR is not a component of the 200-800 score.