The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
DEAN

Guide to my revision

by DEAN Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:11 am

Hey guys,
I am taking my exam tomorrow morning at 9:00am. At this point I still filled with energy. I feel that there is so much still to be done on my part. Thus far, I took 5 MGMAT cats and have been scoring 590 on four of them. The first one I did, I received a 520, however I am very happy about the improvement overall.

At this time, I am confused about how I should revise. I know that I am not suppose to do any tests today, but I am wondering how should I structure my revison for the day. SHould I take all my tests and go over them, deeply understanding every method used, then go and revise the notes I made from all seven of my MGMAT books?

I am very relaxed now, but I know that my nerves will get to me later on in the day as it comes to a close.

Dean
JadranLee
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Guide to my revision

by JadranLee Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:57 pm

Hi Dean,

I hope you did well on the test. We're sorry that your question went unnoticed until now.

In case you take the case again, or in case someone else is in the situation you described, I recommend trying to relax the day before the test. The study plan you described is a good one, but you need to be careful not to study so hard as to leave yourself worn out on test day. Fairly light review the day before is the way to go.

-Jad

DEAN Wrote:Hey guys,
I am taking my exam tomorrow morning at 9:00am. At this point I still filled with energy. I feel that there is so much still to be done on my part. Thus far, I took 5 MGMAT cats and have been scoring 590 on four of them. The first one I did, I received a 520, however I am very happy about the improvement overall.

At this time, I am confused about how I should revise. I know that I am not suppose to do any tests today, but I am wondering how should I structure my revison for the day. SHould I take all my tests and go over them, deeply understanding every method used, then go and revise the notes I made from all seven of my MGMAT books?

I am very relaxed now, but I know that my nerves will get to me later on in the day as it comes to a close.

Dean
SummerCourse

by SummerCourse Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:24 pm

Jadran,

Do you have any other recommendations about a study plan for the week of the exam (including diet, number of exams you should be taking, etc)?

Thanks for your help!
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:07 pm

The week of the test should really just be about review. Most people don't learn a lot of new stuff in that last week.

Take a final practice test about 5-7 days before (I prefer 7). Go over that test in GREAT detail and figure out whatever you want to change that you can change before the test, and whatever you just have to accept as a weakness. Decide ahead of time which areas are your greatest weaknesses - those are the problems on which you should be most willing to pull the plug. Do practice problems, but spend most of your time on the "meta" issues - overall strategies for the different question types, pacing strategies, educated guessing, what to do if you find yourself in trouble / behind on time, etc.

Make sure you get good sleep the several nights before the test, not just the night before. Eat like an athlete for the couple of days before - complex carbs, protein and some fat (it's good brain food!). In general, just take care of your body.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep