If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
Bears47
Forum Guests

Great GMAT Score, Low IR Score

by Bears47 Mon May 11, 2015 5:09 pm

I recently took the GMAT and received a very good score (750: 50Q, 41V). My Integrated Reasoning score, however, was quite low (4). I was surprised because I had received mostly 8s on the practice tests I had taken before the exam. Is it worth retaking the exam just to improve my IR score, or is it not worth the risk of receiving a lower score out of 800? I do plan to apply to a lot of the top programs (e.g., HBS, Sloan, Wharton).

Thank you in advance for any help!
mbaMissionKate
Prospective Students

Re: Great GMAT Score, Low IR Score

by mbaMissionKate Thu May 14, 2015 4:41 pm

Hi there!
Congrats on your score - that's really strong! No, I don't think you need to retake just for the IR section. That section may become more important in the future, but right now, it's still considered a "test" section by schools. But if it really bugs you and you want to give it another go, there's no harm in retaking. You can actually cancel your score now if it is lower. Hope this helps and good luck!
Kate Richardson
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
kate@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php