Experiencing a writing block? Why don't you try clearing it up in here!
mjnar1
Course Students

GMATwrite

by mjnar1 Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:10 pm

Hello,

I completed GMATwrite following Lab #6. I submitted my essays and have two questions.

Firstly, i received the computer score from the software and would like to know if and when i can expect grading from a human reader at GMAC.

Secondly, when i was typing the essays I included a space in between paragraphs. However, when i went to submit my essay, there was no space in between and everything was one continuous "mush". Should i continue to include a space in between paragraphs or should in indent each paragraph with four spaces in order to show some type of separation? I don't want to upset the reader! :)

Let me know, thanks.
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: GMATwrite

by StaceyKoprince Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:26 pm

You do not get a grade from a human, no. GMAT Write only gives a computer grade (which is one of the two grades your essays will receive on the real test).

I believe that the program will not accept extra lines left between paragraphs, so I always indent myself. As you noted, you have to do this with the space bar. Just make sure to press a consistent number of times for each paragraph. :)
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep