If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
Minu

GMAT vs. Work Experience

by Minu Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:20 am

Hi there,

Are the GMAT scores and Work Experience inversely propotional to get into a top MBA program? Also what about the quality of work experience. I recently gradyated (May 2007) from my Undergrad in Finance and Economics with a 3.8 GPA and am currently working for the International Monetary Fund (IMF) on a 2 year contract. I plan to go to B-School at the end of these two years i.e Fall 2009. What are my chances? Please advise.

Thanks.
MBAApply

by MBAApply Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:27 pm

They're apples and oranges. There's no relationship.

From a practical standpoint, just do the best you can on the GMAT, and focus on doing the best you can on your job rather than worrying about your chances for b-school at this stage in your life. It's like worrying about chances at a Superbowl, thinking about the Superbowl, whether you'll get MVP, etc. and you still have a full regular season to play - of course you want the Superbowl, but you have to worry about what's in front of you first.

Alex
alex@mbaapply.com
www.mbaapply.com
http://mbaapply.blogspot.com