If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
BalajiG379
Course Students

GMAT Score Needed - Based on Profie Evaluation

by BalajiG379 Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:08 pm

Hi,

I am working as a Program Manager in one of the IT firms with 13+ yrs of experience. I have varying degree of exposure from IT enabled services, to managing data centers & IT operations (Incident/Change management teams). I am in US for the last 4+ yrs.

I have done my Bachelors and my GPA isn’t that great. I am getting lot of good opportunities in my growth path but I would like to do my masters to gain advantage/diversify my knowledge.

I have started the GMAT prep for a month or so, but absorbing knowledge between 60-70 hour work week seems daunting.

Based on my research I understand 700+ score is always commendable. My quant ability is in shatters and I am not sure if I can manage a 700 score when I intend to apply for 2016 batch.

So my question is what would be an ideal score if I am planning to apply for IIM A, B, C / ISB.

I am an avid racketball player and workout regularly.

Appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,
Bala
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: GMAT Score Needed - Based on Profie Evaluation

by mbamissionjenK Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:21 pm

Hi Bala,

Thanks for posting and good luck on your GMAT preparation. Yes it can be tough to fit in the prep, but keep in mind most of your other peers/applicants are in the same boat. I'd suggest anywhere from 3-12 weeks of prep depending upon where you are at (take a practice test soon just to get a feel for it and see where you are starting from!)... part-time in and around work of course. Anyway, you want to do the BEST you can do, right?! ;) Arguably, focusing on a certain score now is irrelevant, because if we could each choose our specific score it would be quite a different admissions situation. ;) So maybe once you've taken it, you can come back and check in and see what the best next steps are, if you need a re-take etc. But for now aim to do the best you can! That being said,sure 700+ shows a certain level of academic aptitude, and you'd like to ideally be close to (or above is great) the average at the school's you are looking at. Keep us posted!!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php