If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
AmitG669
Forum Guests

GMAT score evalutaion

by AmitG669 Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:31 am

I took GMAT on 30th December 2014 and scored 650 [ 48 Quant, 31 in verbal]. I have about 13 years of experience. What is the ideal and practical score, which help me to gain admission in top B-schools of world.
Thanks
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: GMAT score evalutaion

by mbamissionjenK Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:25 pm

Hi there,

Well each score publishes their average GMAT. You can see their average score on their website; or on rankings such as US News & World Report; or sites like Businessweek.com. For better chances you'd like to be at or above the school's average. Top ranked programs often have averages of 710-730, fyi.

Also, admissions is a holistic process-- they look at all aspects of your profile and your application. A strong GMAT can help certainly but is not sufficient to get you in. They'll also look for leadership, people & project management skills, rationale for the MBA, academic history, involvement in the community and other activities, personal traits and contributions, etc.

Good luck!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php