Verbal problems from the *free* official practice tests and
problems from mba.com
ddohnggo

GMAT PREP CR: At Present the Hollywood Restaurant has...

by ddohnggo Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:58 pm

At present the hollywood restuarant has only standard-height tables. However, many customers come to watch the celebrities who frequent the hollywood, and they would prefer tall tables with stools because such seating would afford a better view of the celebrities. Moreover, diners seated on stools typically do not stay as long as diners seated at standard-height tables. Therefore, if the Hollywood replaced soem of its seating with high tables and stools, its profits would increase.

Q: The argument is vulnerable to criticism on the grounds that it gives reason to believe that it is likely that

a. some celebrities come to the hollywood to be seen, and so might choose to sit at the tall tables if they were available
b. the price of meals ordered by celebrities dining at the hollywood compensates for the longer itme, if any, they spend lingering over their meals
c. a customer of the hollywood who would choose to sit at a tall table would be an exception to the generalization about lingering
d. a restaurant's customers who spend less time at their meals typically order less expensive meals than those who remain at their meals longer
e. with enough tall tables to accommodate all of the hollywood's customers interested in such seating, there would be no view except of other tall tables

I was hoping someone could help me reason through this because I certainly don't understand GMAT PREP's answer.
RonPurewal
Students

by RonPurewal Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:25 am

type 'hollywood' into the search box, and you'll find this.

if you have any questions left, go ahead and post them.

and please post them on the other thread (we don't want multiple threads addressing the same question). thank you in advance.