The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
GMAT is Hard

GMAT is Hard

by GMAT is Hard Sat May 05, 2007 6:59 pm

Well, took the test today. I've done all the studying, took all the practice exams, saw the highs and the lows . . .

I defintely burned out after 1.5 months of studying which in turn was probably detrimental to achieving a higher score. I wish I had seen Andrew's advice on the forum 3 months ago to only study 90 minutes a day. I was studying after full day of work for 2.5 hours and all day on the weekend.

My initial score was a 400 and considering my improvement to my highest practice score of 640, I defintely learned how to take this test. Unfortunately, by the time I had signed up to take the actual test 1 month after I was finished with the prep class, I was totally tired of anything having to do with the word GMAT.

I went to the test center in Lower Manhattan. My overall impression of the exam was that it was MUCH harder than the practice exams I had taken. The math seemed like a lot of word translation problems, maybe 1 or 2 geometry questions. Verbal was very challenging and I was very tired by the time I got to the 4th reading comprehension, which I honestly couldn't comprehend at all. The Critical reasoning was very difficult as well, a lot of assumption questions that I had a difficult time figuring through the answer choices.

My overall score was a 600 today, and I will probably go back and take it again maybe next winter and sign up for an afternoon appt, 9am is way too early. Until then, NO MORE GMAT!!!

Have a nice summer and good luck!