The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
anadi

GMAT completed

by anadi Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:49 pm

Finished my GMAT this week and scored 760 (Q51, V42).

MGMAT CATs were helpful; here are my CAT scores:

MGMAT:
CAT1 : 600 (Q39, V34) - Aug 2
CAT2 : 570 (Q34,V34) - Aug 04
CAT3 : 440 (Q51, V04) - Aug 8, Q only, Pause and restart
CAT4 : 750 (Q51, V41) - Aug 18 - 3 mistakes in Q
CAT5 : 700 (Q51, V35) - Aug 30 - 5 mistakes in Q
CAT 6: 730 (Q51, V39) - Sep 1 - 2 mistakes in Q

One question for the MGAMT official people here. I am from Greenville, SC and there are not many good GMAT study options available. Is it feasible that I can teach here on behalf of MGMAT? I am very clear about my capabilities, I can not teach verbal as good as I can teach math. But I am confident that I can help anyone willing in raising the math score significantly.
mdinerstein
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by mdinerstein Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:39 pm

Anadi,

We would be glad to consider you as an instructor. However, we require that all of our teachers have excellent well-rounded capabilities, so you will need to prove to us that you can teach both the math and verbal sections of the GMAT both efficiently and effectively. If you are still interested, send your resume to jobs@manhattangmat.com and we can proceed from there.
anadi

by anadi Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:43 pm

Thanks Mike, I am interested in teaching math only. Since you need instructors for both Math and English, I will not apply for instructor.

I would still like to present my view here. I beleive that it is not necessary for a person to be "well rounded in all subjects of a teaching" for education. Where we are talking about so specific subjects and such a tough competition, I think you need subject experts, if you are looking for extraordinary results and not "some improvement".