The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
dharmin

GMAT - 750 (Q50,V41)

by dharmin Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:44 pm

I gave a second try last friday and scored 750 (Q50, V41, AWA-5). Thanks to MGMAT's sentence correction guide and online adaptive tests, and powerscore's critical reasoning guide. I also practiced reading tough CRs using kaplan. I had scored 700 in my first trial (Q50,V34, AWA-5.5). Some tips for those who plan to give GMAT:
1. Know the content very well. Practice first for learning content. Six MGMAT exams will put you in good shape for pacing yourself in actual exam. Btw, dont skip AWA in practice exams.. You'll need to build stamina for this grueling test.
2. Even if you are not sure of an answer in the exam, just keep moving. There's simply no time to ponder. This will give you a good shot at each question in the exam. I wasted a lot of time in first few questions during my first trial... and I had to guess answers for two CR passages..
3. Make good use of breaks between sections. Eat some chocolates :)

Here are my scores for your reference:
Initial scores - GMAT:700, MGMAT:700, KAP:630
Then I studied the books mentioned above (~2 weeks intense study)
Scores in last week - MGMAT:750, KAP:690, MGMAT:730, GMAT:750.. what a relief...

Good luck!
--Dharmin