Experiencing a writing block? Why don't you try clearing it up in here!
fightformba

GMAT 740 AWA 4

by fightformba Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:23 am

Hi,

I have taken my GMAT 3 weeks back. I scored 740 in GMAT but got AWA 4. I am not very happy with my AWA but ok with my overall score. I am targeting top 20 B-schools across the world. Should I retake my GMAT to improve my AWA score. Or should I concentrate in my application essays? I have heard that B-schools are generally ok with anything 4 or above in AWA. Is it true?
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:10 pm

I would ask your question in the Admissions Consulting thread, as they have a better idea of what schools want, but I would think your time is much better spent on the application essays at this point. The schools don't care too much about the GMAT essay. But check with the admissions experts about your specific situation, just to be sure.

(Nice job on the multiple choice portion, by the way!)
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep
fightformba

by fightformba Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:10 pm

Please let me know once you have clarified with the admissions expert
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:05 am

Sorry, when I said "I WOULD ask your question" I meant, "if I were you, that's what I would do." If I post the question, they'll answer me, and then you'll have to wait for me to notice that they've answered and bring the info to you - and that could get especially complicated if they want to ask you some additional questions. So, instead of having to wait, it's best if you post the question yourself in the "ask an admissions consultant" folder and they'll answer you directly!
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep